Category by Accounts not adding up correctly (Q Mac)

Options
R Baun
R Baun Member
edited April 2022 in Reports (Mac)
When I run a Category by Accounts Report if there is ONLY ONE account that has a number other than zero the total for that category will come out to zero. If there are two or more accounts with numbers the total is correct. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to fix it? I have reported it to quicken. See exampleScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.23.49 PM.png

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @R Baun I've just tested this and I do not see the results you showed. Have you installed the latest update to version 6.6.2, which was released yesterday? The fix in this release was to do with totaling in reports, so it may be they just fixed this issue. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the same thing too on all reports but it is not true. The problem is Quicken doesn't double check the Total column at the top and then vertically in the Total column. Plus the total is at the top which makes it more confusing. In your example Column 1 includes the $4. The top line total is made up of the totals of Column 1 and Column 2. It is just displayed in a way that is wonky. I wish Quicken would make the TOTAL column the sum of everything on each line. I found when I had to check totals for things having to look back and forth between the Total column and a single entry was a pain and (like many things in Quicken) needlessly time consuming. Just carry over everything to the TOTAL column.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As @jacobs suggests, the problem as described by @R Baun appears to have been addressed by the fix in v6.6.2.

I ran a Category by Account report for my 5 credit accounts - using both Quicken 6.6.0 and 6.6.2.

The problem is present in v6.6.0, but does not appear in v6.6.2.

Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.