Apple Card sets up as a Bank Account not a credit card?

I just got an Apple card and tried to setup in Quicken premier (R39.23 build 27.1.39.23) but it "sets up" as a bank account not a credit card???

How do I set it up as a credit card?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I just got an Apple card and tried to setup in Quicken premier (R39.23 build 27.1.39.23) but it "sets up" as a bank account not a credit card???

How do I set it up as a credit card?
    Hello @jbowman161,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account types. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community regarding this problem.

Are you noticing that the account is under the Banking category in the Account List, or are you asking about changing the account name? You can always change the account name by right-clicking on it in the list and then selecting Edit/Delete account, but be sure to save a backup first by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jbowman161
    jbowman161 Member ✭✭
    I'm Adding the new Apple Card account by selecting Apple Card WC. completed, the "new" account is classified as a BANK, not a credit card. The name can be edited, not the type.

I'm looking to have my APPLE Card transactions downloaded in the One Step update.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm Adding the new Apple Card account by selecting Apple Card WC. completed, the "new" account is classified as a BANK, not a credit card. The name can be edited, not the type.

I'm looking to have my APPLE Card transactions downloaded in the One Step update.
    Please provide the account type of the new account register: open the new account register and press Ctrl + Shift + E

Note: A credit card account should have an account type of Credit
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Add account progression. Account type is checking after "add account". Should be Credit
    To add the credit card account register to Quicken, I suggest you sign in to the financial institution's web site, download the available transactions for the account, and import the QFX file.  
  • jbowman161
    jbowman161 Member ✭✭
    Interestingly, not a "direct" option. I need to login to my phone, download the statement as a QFX, email the file, THEN I can import it.

I'm looking for a more direct method (like other cards) but suspect I can't get there from here :-(
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly, not a "direct" option. I need to login to my phone, download the statement as a QFX, email the file, THEN I can import it.

I'm looking for a more direct method (like other cards) but suspect I can't get there from here :-(
    Apple has only chosen to support the Web Connect connection method.
  • Cowdog
    Cowdog Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    The direct connection works perfectly in [Removed - Solicitation]. So why not with Quicken?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Cowdog said:
    The direct connection works perfectly in [Removed - Solicitation]. So why not with Quicken?
    I suggest you ask Apple.
This discussion has been closed.