Renamed MARCUS account in edit details doesn't stay renamed when web express updates

Skyking86
Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
I have a CD that I have renamed to match the format of my other CD's and it does update the name in the account details edit. It renames in the account list. It renames in the right side bar accounts list. But when I update with onestep update, it reverts to an older name without the edited new name. What is over riding my edit here?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Hi @Skyking86,

Can you clarify one thing - when you say "it reverts to an older name without the edited new name", are you saying that the account names that you changed in several places (like the account details, the account list, etc.) revert?  Or are you saying that when you do a One Step Update - the names that you see in OSU - as the process is being performed - are different from the account names you had changed?

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you using Sync to Mobile/Web?
    It has been known to do this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    To clarify: I changed the name in the edit account details box and then it properly appears as such in the account list. When I update, it changes backwards to the name that it had before the edit. I've disabled sync to mobile/web, so we'll see. But it seems to be a bug somewhere in the Quicken process that an updated name can't stay with the account or that somewhere downstream is overriding the edit account details dialogue.
  • Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    update: Yes, it still does this. Just reset the account and it did it. It doesn't save the my new nickname to the account upon upon via one step. The other accounts with my nickname save the name.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Skyking86

I would suggest that you perform a file validation (and perhaps also a supervalidation) to correct this problem.  Here's a LINK to the instructions for both procedures. Page down and start with the Fourth step - "Copy your file and Validate."  But make sure you create a new backup file before you do this.  

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the account is setup for Express Web Connect it also uses sync to the Quicken cloud data set.

What is basically happening is that the Quicken cloud data set and the Quicken Desktop data file get out of sync, and each time a sync happens the name in the Quicken cloud data set overrides the one in the Quicken Desktop data file.

If you want sync to Mobile/Web on, then you can first try:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> Reset your cloud data.

Now try changing the account name and syncing and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work, or if one doesn't want Sync to Mobile/Web on in that data file the procedure is:

Is to create another data file with sync to Mobile/Web on.  From that data file select Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID -> select the Cloud Account Name of the first data file and select Delete.

Go back to the first data file and rename the account, and then try updating/Resetting to see if it sticks.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    The best thing was to simply disconnect web/mobile synch from the one step and that fixed the problem for now. Thanks everyone. It's too much work and too risky to lose my previous updates. I did a data switch once and I had accounts that were all corrupted when they downloaded the first time with transactions that didn't appear. Now I have a problem with MARCUS not updating even though the OneStep shows no problem. That is another issue.
  • Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    Validation didn't work either, it ended up with my checking account going off the balance by 111.00 with no activity with that amount showing in the previous activity. Had to add an adjustment to make it balance.
This discussion has been closed.