Charles Schwab Brokerage account values

Options
stevepeq
stevepeq Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
This function has been whacked out since December when the new download function was implemented, due to a change from Schwab evidently. I lost all my history including dividends so that removes any usefulness with reports - but I'll live with that since I can reference my tax documents - as long as current year and beyond are accurate.

The problem now is in the Account Overview window; under Account Status, the numbers are wrong. The securities are overvalued and the cash balance has a negative value so that the Total Market Value matches what is shown for value in the upper part of that window. Not sure how best to fix this.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @stevepeq,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• stevepeq
    stevepeq Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response - I may just delete the transactions that remain after the whack out and see what happens when I download. Worst case I should be able to enter them manually. Have a great day yourself!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A re-download into your existing Schwab account won't work, as Q remembers previously downloaded transactions in order to prevent duplicates.
    You'll need to create/setup a new Schwab account and then move any downloaded transactions to the prior account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• stevepeq
    stevepeq Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for that insight - problem is, it has not downloaded all the dividend and interest payments, just some. Before renewal I almost downgraded to the less expensive subscription and now regret not doing that, as I paid more money for something that doesn't work. Your recommendation is lacking detail so I wouldn't want to go down that path and waste even more time than I already have.
This discussion has been closed.