Can Quicken be shared between Windows and Mac

Options
BK
BK Member ✭✭✭✭
I have a friend who wants to share the Quicken file (Windows) with his wife (Mac) so that they each can download and edit and remain in Sync.  Is there a way to do this?
What started this inquiry: They both travel, hence no one person can dedicate the needed time to properly categorize all downloaded transactions.  They brought up Amazon combined purchases as an example where auto-categorization will not work - a single transaction requires split categories and hence manual edits.  So they need to share this responsibility to get it right.
I believe the only way to accomplish this "sharing" is for him to enable Mobile & Web Sync so that she can access Quicken via Web.  However, their past experience with "Mobile & Web" syncing was not the best - as we know - has it improved?  Alternatively, both of them can use Simplifi by Quicken; they understand they need to start fresh because the Quicken data and Simplifi are not interchangeable.  TIA for your suggestions.
- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
- I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope.  The files are not compatible. 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We use a remote desktop client to access the Windows desktop on a home computer where we maintain Quicken.  There are a variety of free implementations available.  If you're friend or his wife are Windows and network savvy, I recommend Microsoft's Remote Desktop.  If they want simplicity, I recommend TeamViewer.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock , I thought of TeamViewer too as I use it myself as the IT guy for my inlaws.  Which spins this in another direction: They need to buy a third PC and keep it on all the time.  I am assuming you are not using the Web either for the known reasons.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.