Is the new Guardian Mortgage portal not accessable to Quicken?

Options
bradmcc
bradmcc Member ✭✭
Guardian Mortgage has a new portal and quicken now cannot connect and find my accounts.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bradmcc .  Quicken connects with Financial Institutions differently that we log in with them.  While it could be that the portal change also affects Quicken it is also very possible that it does not affect Quicken.
    Did the connection issue start happening in the last couple of days?  Or has it been happening for a while?
    Are you getting any error code(s)?  If so, what are they?
    Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?  If so, what?
    Are you having any connection issues with any other accounts?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• bradmcc
    bradmcc Member ✭✭
    Options
    FYI: I'm not a beginner with Quicken. I have been using it for a couple decades and know my way around fairly well. So, all simple solutions have already been tried.

Answers to your questions:
    Did the connection issue start happening in the last couple of days? Or has it been happening for a while? A: it started with the new Guardian Mortgage Portal
    Are you getting any error code(s)? If so, what are they?
    the attached image is the error screen received after quicken tries to connect for 5 minutes or so.
    "CC-502 Oops. There is a connection problem."
    Not much help there. The new portal cam online March 7.
    Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? If so, what? A: have contacted Guardian Mortgage and they cannot help. I have total access from a browser to the Portal so it is not login credential issues.
    Are you having any connection issues with any other accounts? A: No other accounts have an issue. It is a problem with Quicken and how they are logging into the new portal
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    If you have not already done so, you might want to try Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now.  Update Now sometimes works when getting CC-5XX error codes.
    If Update Now does not work and since it has been happening for quite a few days, it is recommended to not try Reset Account and/or Deactivate/Reactivate because it might be caused by a Quicken server issue that can be made worse by taking those actions.  As suggested in the following Support Article, you should probably contact Quicken Support: Error When Updating Accounts: CC-502 [Support Article].
    Contacting Quicken would also be appropriate path to follow to resolve any potential issue caused by the portal change you had mentioned since that might require an update to the FIDIR list and/or other server update.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.