This product needs more... More granulated mapping to the federal tax forms.

Options
MrLeeL
MrLeeL Member ✭✭
Categories: More granulated mapping to the federal tax forms, especially in the medical expenses for separate lab, and doctors and hospital expenses.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On IRS Schedule A, there's only a single line for "Medical and Dental expenses".  So what more granularity are you wanting?  All of your requested categories map into that single line, and you can add your own categories that map to that line.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrLeeL said:
    Categories: More granulated mapping to the federal tax forms, especially in the medical expenses for separate lab, and doctors and hospital expenses.
    You can create and map any new Category to the existing single line Sched A Medical deduction....
    I happen to setup separate granular Quicken Categories for various medical expenses in the household - but they all map to the single IRS line item - and for us, it doesn't matter, never reach over the Standard Deduction anyway -
    BUT - the granular Categories are good for the Quicken Spending by Category reporting...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MrLeeL
    MrLeeL Member ✭✭
    Options
    That I know. THey issue is that it is one lump category, where it is all separated out into several different lines on the 1040 Sched A. SO, it could still be more transparent. I always itemize and end up with 9 to 12k more in my refund. You should try both.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    MrLeeL said: I always itemize and end up with 9 to 12k more in my refund. You should try both.
    doesn't matter how many separate detail lines - it's all just ONE total line item on the Sched A
    - and it's still a percentage of your AGI - and for us, can't meet the Standard Deduction of $25k - so we use that -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.