Display institution names on side bar?

I have a lot of accounts and it gets confused what is what. It would be nice if I could have the sidebar sorted by institution, with the institution name being displayed. Is this possible with quicken? I know I can edit the name and do something like Insitution - Account name, but it would be nicer if I could do what I said above (similar to personal capital).

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    You could go to Tools > Account List.  Then:
    • Click on any account that you want moved in the list order to highlight it.  To the left of that account you will see Order with arrows above and below it.  Click on the arrow for the direction that you want the account to be moved and the account will be moved 1 spot in that direction.  Repeat as needed.
    • Or, click on the Options button below the list toward the left and click on Alphabetize accounts which will sort the list by the account names in each account group.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• KUICK
    KUICK Member
    Not exactly the same thing as defining my own subcategories, but I guess that'll have to do.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Sorry but I did not catch that is what you want to do.  No, we cannot define our own Account List groups. 
    Quicken does allow for some, pre-defined customization of which Account List group an account is listed under but the options are very limited.  You can check to see if that might get you closer to what you are wanting to accomplish by going to the Display tab of Account Details and then changing the Account intent from the drop-downBut I'm guessing that this level/type of customization is not what you are looking for.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.