Why does Quicken not detect discrepancies in amount of shares owned?

Reynold050
Reynold050 Member ✭✭
For some reason Vanguard stopped providing reinvestment transactions since January 1 2022. I did not realize they were missing. The number of shares shown by Vanguard and shown in Quicken no longer matched. Yet Quicken did not detect or report this. Why? I have used Quicken since 2004 and it always used to report discrepancies. If this is by design, it is a major flaw that certainly diminishes the utility of Quicken.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    If you want to detect the share balance discrepancy, open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Reconcile Shares...

If you want Quicken to automatically detect the share balance discrepancy and create a placeholder transaction, I suggest you check the accounts in the Compare account portfolio after download preference: select Edit > Preferences...

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    If you want to detect the share balance discrepancy, open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Reconcile Shares...

If you want Quicken to automatically detect the share balance discrepancy and create a placeholder transaction, I suggest you check the accounts in the Compare account portfolio after download preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• Reynold050
    Reynold050 Member ✭✭
    Many thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.