How do I resize the Invoice popup?

Hello,
I am often entering information into invoices and vendor invoices from website accounts. I use a split screen with my browser on one side and my Quicken on the other. While splitting the screen will split to have ONLY the Quicken software pulled up to keep that software in the one side of the screen with my browser on the other side, as soon as I open a vendor invoice or a regular invoice, it displays THAT in the center of the screen, covering BOTH areas, so I can't get anything done. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to resize the popup so that I can move it to one side (the side that has Quicken in it) in order to see my browser side. The invoice pop up is large, takes up a lot of space and will not drag and move or resize in any way. How do I change the size or move the invoice?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    HI @Martlock,

Sorry that you are having difficulties using YOUR equipment, but we - as fellow users - have no idea of what you are using/seeing.  You might considering investing in a second monitor to make it easier for you to use your equipment.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > HI @Martlock,
    >
    > Sorry that you are having difficulties using YOUR equipment, but we - as fellow users - have no idea of what you are using/seeing.  You might considering investing in a second monitor to make it easier for you to use your equipment.
    >
    > Frankx

I described what I am seeing, and since I'm on this Quicken forum and stated I'm using Quicken, I would say that one would know that I am using Quicken. I do not understand what using a second monitor has to do with my question regarding how to resize or move the invoice pop up, so I'm not understanding why you posted that reply.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Hi @Martlock,

I posted the reply because I believe that your post wasn't specifically about the Quicken program but rather was related to how you are using your current monitor (i.e. "split screen"). And based on what you posted, it is impossible - in my view - to know exactly what you are seeing or what the problems are.  My suggestion of a second monitor, is a reasonable one based on your post (and also could be considered a solution to your issues).

I guess I could also have said "Quicken users unfortunately cannot change the size of the pop-up invoice window", but your post indicated "I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to resize the popup" so I assumed you already know that and instead, I offered the only other option I can think of that will solve your problem.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have HBR as such I can't look at exactly what you are talking about, but I know enough to know that the business forms are HTML web pages in a window, sort of like the Tax Planner.   Note that the Tax Planner windows is resizable, but the HTML inside of it isn't.

But no matter if the window is resizable or not, they are always "movable".  The reason why a person might think that they aren't movable is because the top part of the window is off of their screen.

And the reason that would be true is because the combination the display resolution and various "window scaling" is "lower" than what Quicken requires.  This would especially be true in the case of someone wanting to split the screen between applications.

A secondary problem might be that the window in question doesn't remember where the user last put it, and instead it comes up in a default location.

Quicken has a resolution requirement of 1024x768 with a Windows scaling of 100% and "Normal Fonts".
    For "Large Fonts" 1280x1024 with a Windows scaling of 100%.

It tends to be the vertical sizing that is critical (top/bottom of windows get cut off).
    As an example, if one is using a Windows scaling of 125% you will need to multiply the second vertical number (768 or 1024) by 1.25 to set what the minimum resolution would require (960 or 1280) so that all of Quicken's windows will fit.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.