Transactions omitted or erased during download from bank.

rukidding
rukidding Member ✭✭
Quicken Deluxe for Mac, 6.6.2. Transactions from a specific date range were omitted when I downloaded the data from my bank. After hand entering them, any subsequent download erases the hand entered transactions. From May and June 2021. Bank is Westamerica. I have just updated, the result is the same. Trying to prepare my taxes!

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Perhaps I'm not understanding. You manually entered transactions from May and June 2021, you performed a download, and the May and June transactions which had been manually entered are deleted from the file? I've never seen reports of anything like this. (It's actually pretty unusual for a bank to download more than the past 90 days of transactions to Quicken… although many will allow you download a file to your computer and then import it into Quicken.) When you do an update, do more recent transactions download correctly? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • rukidding
    rukidding Member ✭✭
    I have often done a bulk download of several months with this bank, with no problem. Sometime in 2021, I noticed a disparity between the online and Quicken end balance. I didn't have time to troubleshoot it, but as I began to prepare for tax time, I again pushed the button to download. This time I carefully examined the ledgers, and found the transactions that had not downloaded into Quicken. When I hand entered them, the current balances agreed. When I hit "refresh", the few newest transactions loaded correctly, but the hand-entered transactions had been erased.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Do you have Sync enabled? The only explanation I can think of for what you describe is that when you click on Update All, your desktop file synced from your Quicken Cloud file, wiping out what you had entered manually. After you entered the manual transactions, did you do Sync to Mobile? 

If you don't use the mobile app or web interface, turn Sync off. Then enter a few of your manual transactions again, and then do Update All again. Do the manual transactions remain? If so, enter some more and repeat until you're sure the transactions you're entering are not wiped out by downloading. If you do use the mobile app/web interface, then do the same thing — enter just a few of the manual transactions — and then initiate a Sync to Mobile. Do the manual transactions disappear or remain? If they remain, then try to download transactions. Repeat again in a few increments to make sure the transactions do not disappear. (I'm only saying to do a few manual transactions and test so you don't waste time entering them all only to see them all deleted again.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • rukidding
    rukidding Member ✭✭
    I entered 2 dummy transactions with amounts. Then hit the refresh button. My latest bank transactions were added, as before. And this time, the two dummy transactions were not erased.
    It turns out, (unbeknownst to me) I have a cloud account, but I don't know its function. I thought Quicken on my computer connected directly with my bank and downloaded the transactions. (Prior versions required I download a file from the bank and have Quicken enter the data into the program.) It has worked pretty seamlessly until now. Sounds like "Sync" is for mobile apps, and "Sync to mobile" is greyed out on the menu. I only use the Update Transactions button in the sidebar.
    I notice that hand-entered transactions have a different icon in the "Review" column, but clicking it has had no bearing on this (intermittent) behavior.
This discussion has been closed.