Significant download issues with Chase/JP Morgan

I began having download issues with my JP Morgan/Chase brokerage acc't several weeks ago. I never received ANY errors then or currently. Started the usual troubleshooting process by simply going to Online>Reset Account which worked for about a week. After that, that work around/fix stopped working on daily downloads. I then began doing Online>Deactivate>Reactivate which worked for a couple of days and then noticed that process didn't even produce or show my account in question any longer and worse yet, my Chase checking account no longer downloaded either. Well after doing the File>Super Valiate and Repair process (with zero errors to speak of) I have gotten my Chase Checking to "re-appear" upon the Deactivate>Reactivate process and I believe that's works again BUT no luck with the Chase/JP Morgan Brokerage activate and downloads and the original problem. Again, 2BC, stepping thru that process leaves me a situation where it doesn't 'find' my/any additional accounts other than my Chase checking, Credit card and saving accounts. BTW all my other download accounts (6 separate companies) experience no issues. In summary, I rather not do the [Removed - Disruptive] test file thing because that will not fix my current issue with my current data file. Some good technical thoughts and additional trouble shooting actions pls ?? Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Last ... I am on Quicken (Premier) version R39.23
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jerry7773 said:
    I began having download issues with my JP Morgan/Chase brokerage acc't several weeks ago. I never received ANY errors then or currently. Started the usual troubleshooting process by simply going to Online>Reset Account which worked for about a week. After that, that work around/fix stopped working on daily downloads. I then began doing Online>Deactivate>Reactivate which worked for a couple of days and then noticed that process didn't even produce or show my account in question any longer and worse yet, my Chase checking account no longer downloaded either. Well after doing the File>Super Valiate and Repair process (with zero errors to speak of) I have gotten my Chase Checking to "re-appear" upon the Deactivate>Reactivate process and I believe that's works again BUT no luck with the Chase/JP Morgan Brokerage activate and downloads and the original problem. Again, 2BC, stepping thru that process leaves me a situation where it doesn't 'find' my/any additional accounts other than my Chase checking, Credit card and saving accounts. BTW all my other download accounts (6 separate companies) experience no issues. In summary, I rather not do the [Removed - Disruptive] test file thing because that will not fix my current issue with my current data file. Some good technical thoughts and additional trouble shooting actions pls ?? Thanks
    Hello @jerry7773

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services and account updates. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about these problems.

What kinds of issues were you having with account downloads, initially? Were transactions missing? Also, what connection method are you using to link or add your accounts to online banking services? You can determine this by navigating to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then clicking the Edit button in the rows across from the affected accounts. You will then go to the Online Services tab, and the connection method should be listed in the Online Setup box.

Lastly, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the menu at the top of the screen, mentioned previously. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Just like I stated, posted documented transactions (on their web site), on the both the JP Morgan Brkg and Chase checking acc'ts, stopped down loading with zero errors presented when conducting one step or individual acc't updates. On a summary (mouse over) basis, it stated days prior, relative to the last download. Connection method is Express Web Connect. About that protocol ...
    Days ago, I called JP Morgan support relative to the so called improved 'Direct Connect' method and respective log in (as stated in Quicken). They blew off, stating just call Quicken Support and they have no separate login services for 'Direct Connect' as illustrated in Quicken.
    Lastly my active quicken data file is located in Users>Jerry>Documents>Quicken Data>Qdata.qdf
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it worth.  I see this announcement about using Express Web Connect with Chase:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901136/ongoing-4-5-22-chase-returns-a-fdp-3000-or-185-error

On the other hand, the investment accounts can only be Direct Connect.  What's more I'm using Direct Connect for all my accounts Chase and JP Morgan and have no download problems.

For the checking/savings/credit card accounts if they are using Express Web Connect, I would deactivate them all, and then set them up with Direct Connect.  To do that select Tools -> Add Account...
    Type in Chase and then select Advanced Options and select Direct Connect.

Note that the first login might fail because the process is first try the login, and then they send a secure message.  You have to then go to the secure messages and go through process of acknowledging it was you that made that login.  After that is done on the Chase website, you then use the "try again" in Quicken and it should log in this time.

One the investment accounts, make sure you are using "Chase Investments - New" as the financial institution.  One of the other "JP Morgan" ones might work, but I know that "Chase Investments - New" is working for me.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Hey Chris. Your suggestion looked great - so I tried it. First I backed up (of course) then deactivated both my Chase checking and savings acc'ts (remember, brokerage stopped working weeks ago) . Closed out Quicken and then restarted Quicken and tried your direct connect method process exactly (3X) and got the same attached msg - each time. Net, net my quicken login and or password is NOT the same as the Chase UserID/Password and I am now confused and disappointed. I called it a night, as now all three accounts do not download and didn't want to dig a deeper hole. Any feedback you can provide would be appreciated before I try to revert back tomorrow relative to the Chase banking 'express web connect' protocol for the two banking acct's. Thanks for you input and I know how these things don't always work as planned.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What happened when you selected the “enroll” link?
    Signature:
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    So it bombs. I re-try (aka enroll) using the correct (Chase) UserID/PW and it just loops back to the same screen. I didn't try the Continue 'manual' selection as that would be pointless. In other words it fails the (Direct Connect) login process and then dumps me back to the same screen, time and time again.
    Now then, if I don't select advanced and Direct Connect, I am able to establish connectivity and download ability with (the default?) express web. I just retried and validated all of the above once again 10 minutes ago. Checking and Savings - good - still doesn't "see" my investment acc't. Hard to figure huh ?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    In that case I suggest you do as it suggests on that dialog and contact Chase to see if they can figure out why Chase is rejecting your login for Direct Connect.

I'm not positive on the default, but it probably defaulted to Express Web Connect.  You can see which one it is at the top left of the account.

Note that for the investment accounts it is Direct Connect only, so certainly if something is blocking Direct Connect, then you aren't going to be able to get to your investment accounts.
    Signature:
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Agreed which is what I did over a week ago ... Chase (phone) tech support basically states IF I can log in via their Web Site with my existing credentials - its not their problem. They confirmed that there is no other "login" for Quicken Direct Connect, here is the phone number for Quicken support and good luck with that. Hence my problem post to the larger Quicken community. Other than yourself Chris, I haven't received any meaningful feed back or suggestions. Its frustrating for sure.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jerry7773 said:
    Agreed which is what I did over a week ago ... Chase (phone) tech support basically states IF I can log in via their Web Site with my existing credentials - its not their problem. They confirmed that there is no other "login" for Quicken Direct Connect, here is the phone number for Quicken support and good luck with that. Hence my problem post to the larger Quicken community. Other than yourself Chris, I haven't received any meaningful feed back or suggestions. Its frustrating for sure.
    About the only other thing I can think of to suggest is try in a new data file, see if possibly the problem is tied somehow to the data file.
    Signature:
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Hey Quicken Support People, jump in anytime with some advise for a actual problem
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken Jared or any other Quicken support person out there.
    I have a real, actual problem here that requires your response and input. (Unreal, as i pay for this, as an active subscription customer.
    OK now I have their attention - as they censor my comment - pleading for support)
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Another day goes by, ZERO vendor support. What a **** joke. Signing off
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Another day goes by, ZERO vendor support. What a f_u_C-King* joke. Signing off
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerry7773 said:  I have a real, actual problem here.... 
    lots going on here - I have several Chase checking accts - no investment or brokerage -
    and all works fine with Direct Connect
    SO..... since we can't see your screen - a few Q&A to help anchor things -
    1 - Which Chase accts are a problem -
    2 - What is the Financial Institution Name and Transaction Download connection method for each - Quicken Account List ?
    3 - Have you enabled 3rd party download from the Chase online website security menu ?
    4 - Does your Chase online User ID and Password contain any special chars - and how long is the password ?
    (sometimes things that work on a bank website are setup differently within the Quicken config shared by the bank)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.