Clock symbol next to account name in accounts panel "you have 1 scheduled bill or deposit due"

Options
A few days ago a clock symbol showed up next to one of my account names in the Accounts window. Clicking the symbol shows the account name and beneath it the message "you have 1 scheduled bill or deposit due". This account does have two recurring transactions each month (1st & 24th) that are scheduled as reminders. The symbol is annoying and meaningless. How do I get rid of the symbol? What is the purpose of the symbol? There is no issue...until a few days ago the transactions were entered automatically as reminders without any issue and without any symbol.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    russww said:
    A few days ago a clock symbol showed up next to one of my account names in the Accounts window. Clicking the symbol shows the account name and beneath it the message "you have 1 scheduled bill or deposit due". This account does have two recurring transactions each month (1st & 24th) that are scheduled as reminders. The symbol is annoying and meaningless. How do I get rid of the symbol? What is the purpose of the symbol? There is no issue...until a few days ago the transactions were entered automatically as reminders without any issue and without any symbol.
    Hello @russww

Thank you for taking the time to ask about this clock icon you have noticed here on the Quicken Community.

The clock you are referring to is most likely an indicator that a Calendar reminder has been set. First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, navigate to Tools > Memorized Payee List... in the upper menu. You should see a button that says Options at the bottom of the window that appears. When you click on this, do you see a checkmark next to the item in the dropdown menu named Show calendar status column in list?

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • russww
    russww Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, there is no checkmark next to "Show calendar status column in list?". The clock symbol shows next to an account with reminders but does not show next to other accounts with calendar reminders.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect the reminder may no longer be set up to be automatically entered. 

The purpose of the icon is to remind us when we have a scheduled transaction due or due soon to be entered into the register.  If you do not want to be reminded before the transaction's due date, edit the reminder and set the Remind me number of days in advance to 0.
This discussion has been closed.