Check Pay account sync error

I'm experiencing a persistent and very annoying issue with Check Pay.  Recently, I'll go to write a check and instead of processing a message comes up:

"Check Pay account sync error.  Restart Quicken and try again. If the problem persists, disable and re-enable CheckPay." 

Sometimes rebooting the PC and trying again works.  Often it does not.  This has occurred with frequency.  A real pain in the neck when trying to pay bills on time...

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    solostorm said:
    I'm experiencing a persistent and very annoying issue with Check Pay.  Recently, I'll go to write a check and instead of processing a message comes up:

"Check Pay account sync error.  Restart Quicken and try again. If the problem persists, disable and re-enable CheckPay." 

Sometimes rebooting the PC and trying again works.  Often it does not.  This has occurred with frequency.  A real pain in the neck when trying to pay bills on time...
    Hello @solostorm,    

I am sorry about this frustrating error message that is being received. Thank you for coming to the Quicken Community for assistance and discussion.

I recommend navigating to the Bills & Income tab and then clicking the 'gear' icon on the top-right. You may then select Payment Accounts from the dropdown menu (see below).

After this, select the payment account you wish to disable and click Disable (see below).

Please, keep in mind that once you re-enable the account, you will need to Begin Verification for Check Pay again. If necessary, please refer to this support article for instructions on how to (re-)set up Quick Pay and Check Pay.

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to hearing back from you once more with the results of attempting these steps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dean Mechler
    Dean Mechler Member ✭✭✭
    Try this.  Go to Bills/Bills/Settings(gear icon)/Review and Repair/Review and Repair Payment Accounts.  It fixes the problem every time I want to use Check Pay.  The only problem is that you have to do this each time you open Quicken.  I don't understand why Quicken can't seem to understand let alone fix this problem.
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Dean-

That seems to work - but fully agree - we should not need to keep doing that over and over.  It should be "set it and forget it".
  • Alan20
    Alan20 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, this is an easier solution that signing in and out of your account as recommended here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7908077/r38-29-check-pay-account-sync-error-1-payments-remaining

But can anyone at quicken confirm there is no danger to repeatedly doing this?
This discussion has been closed.