Need Quicken on second home computer

Options
How can I manage to put a newer version of Quicken on another at home computer and delete an older version. I have logged in, followed all the directions to uninstall and get the wizard to install and still get the same thing.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Since the old version of Quicken is uninstalled already:  If you have not already done so, I suggest you log into your online Quicken.com account from your 2nd computer and download Quicken from that site.  You will get the latest version (revision) downloaded or it will automatically update to the latest version during the installation process.
    After the installation file is saved to your computer, right click on it and then click on Run as administrator.  It should take you through the installation process and since you downloaded the installation file from your Quicken.com account it will be automatically activated.  Be sure to log into the program with your current Quicken ID and PW when it prompts you to do that.
    Let me know if you still have any installation issues or if you have any questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Can you provide some more details?  For instance:
    • What version are you currently running?
    • What version do you want to install?
    • Where did you buy the newer version...from Quicken.com or a retailer?
    • What is "the same thing" you are getting?  Any error messages or codes?  If so, what are they?

• Silly Sallly
    Options
    I am using Home, Business, and Rental version which I bought from Quicken. My renewal is due in May. I want to install the same on a second computer in my home. When I said "same thing", when I bought this new laptop, the technician downloaded an old version of Quicken which I suspect was pirated. I thought he was cloning information from my other computer but I don't know.
  • Silly Sallly
    Options
    I just uninstalled the old version on the second laptop.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Since the old version of Quicken is uninstalled already:  If you have not already done so, I suggest you log into your online Quicken.com account from your 2nd computer and download Quicken from that site.  You will get the latest version (revision) downloaded or it will automatically update to the latest version during the installation process.
    After the installation file is saved to your computer, right click on it and then click on Run as administrator.  It should take you through the installation process and since you downloaded the installation file from your Quicken.com account it will be automatically activated.  Be sure to log into the program with your current Quicken ID and PW when it prompts you to do that.
    Let me know if you still have any installation issues or if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.