Two issues. One investing, one recording payments. Does Quicken ever monitor this group?

Options
AF-Fan-1
AF-Fan-1 Member
edited June 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have used Quicken premiere for over 20 years. Two unresolved issues:

1.) When I download activity from my brokerage acct., then "accept all," my sales are flagged, asking me which lots I wanted sold (or "average cost"). Since I ALWAYS want FIFO, why isn't there a way of indicating this, then checking a box for, say, "apply to all imported sales?" The current method really slows down this process.

2.) Deposits & expenses sometimes will "autofill" as I type, but only for merchants I have had for several years. Further, it autofills with an extremely old transaction. Why not update autofill to do so for the most recent transaction and activate it for more recently acquired merchants too? It appears to me that you deactivated autofill several iterations ago, but it remains for the older transactions. Reactivate it, but do it sensibly!

[Removed - Speculation]

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Quicken moderators are on this forum but most of the help you get will be from other users. The Moderators are the people whose user names start with Quicken.

You should start a separate discussion for each issue.

For your first question, there is a setting at Edit  > Preferences > Downloaded Transactions to automatically use FIFO. Click on Settings next to Lot assignment after download and follow the directions. 

QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On your question 2) ...
    Please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions. Additional settings can be found for the detection and processing of transfer transactions in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.
  • AF-Fan-1
    AF-Fan-1 Member
    Options
    Wow. Many thanks to both of you.
This discussion has been closed.