Inner window (Register, Portfolio) pulses when performing an Update

Charlie236
Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
First: GEN82575 -all things suggested long ago applied.
After troubleshooting, seeking to replicate, here's what occurs.
Clean boot, run Quicken, no other applications running.
Update Accounts, all seems to be in order.
Run again, there's a singular pulse, inner Register window only: not tool bar nor left panel of Accounts. After pulse, there's a pause then another pulse.
I went into individual accounts and performed updates.

Interesting results; after an update then on a successive update additional pulses occur.
Let's say I do that 5 times, I could be seeing six or seven pulses; let's say seven for the next step.
Note: If an account is Direct Connect, then I'd see a stream of seven pulses. BTW, why do I say a pulse and not flash: a flash is quick, a pulse is a bit longer and, when a series of them occur, there's a rhythm to them like a heart beat.
Note: If an account is Express Web Connect, I'd see a series of seven followed by a pause as if there's a process going on and then another series of seven.

If I go over to the Portfolio window and do a Quote update, there'd be the seven or eight pulses.
The more I request a quote the more pulses I get.

And, the addition of pulses on successive updates is not linear. After seven, the next series could be ten then the next could be 14.

This is repeatable.
I just exited Quicken and run again.

It starts over.
I do a quote-update a few times and count is up to 4.
I open an account, do update, now 5 pulses on Direct Connect.
Open an Express Web Connect, update, now 9 pulses, a pause then 9 pulses.
An so on.
It jumped to 15 then 21.
Type of Account doesn't matter whether bank, credit card, Paypal, brokerage...

Most unusual.
I'm a Quicken user since 1990.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a small measure of success with two Windows 10 graphics tweaks shown here. Quicken still paints more than it should, but it seems to do it a little faster.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I now believe my recommendation above won't help. I see this "pulsing" or "flashing" also when running OSU in R40.13.
    I have never seen this particular behavior in any previous release.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry about these issues with flashing and refreshing screens. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this, and for providing so much information about what is happening.

Reports about this problem are being forwarded to the proper channels. I recommend submitting program logs in order to help us investigate and analyze this issue. You can do this by going to Help > Report a problem... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You will then be prompted for screenshots and a brief description of the issue; submitting these will be of great value in documenting the issue. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note this problem, this one https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912145/screen-flashes-during-update seem to be the same problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Note this problem, this one https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912145/screen-flashes-during-update seem to be the same problem.

@Chris_QPW Saw your post in above link.
    I'd like to add to your test: Have two accounts one with Direct Connect and the other, Express Web Connect.
    Do an update within the Account Register not the One Step (each account separately).
    See if they act as I mentioned in my above post that started this Discussion.
    Run a number of updates for each separate account within same Quicken session and see if the pulses increase non-linearly with each successive Update. You may want to record the number of pulses/update.

If you get to a larger number of pulses then run One Step Update. If it acted like mine then you should see the an increasing number of Pulses.

If you exit Quicken and restart, then the cycle begins all over again.
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello everyone,
    > I am sorry about these issues with flashing and refreshing screens. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this, and for providing so much information about what is happening.
    > Reports about this problem are being forwarded to the proper channels....
    [clipped]

@Quicken Jared
    Is there an update re: this issue? Has your Organization been able to replicate?
    Any status is gladly welcomed.
    Thank you,
    Charlie
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello everyone,
    > I am sorry about these issues with flashing and refreshing screens. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this, and for providing so much information about what is happening.
    > Reports about this problem are being forwarded to the proper channels....
    [clipped]

@Quicken Jared
    Is there an update re: this issue? Has your Organization been able to replicate?
    Any status is gladly welcomed.
    Thank you,
    Charlie
    Hello @Charlie236,               

Thank you for keeping in communications with us about this matter. I am sorry to hear that this issue with flashing screens remains ongoing.

I want to confirm that this issue is being addressed by the 40.21 patch released this morning. Some users are still receiving this update, so be sure to continue checking for its availability by going to Help > Check for Updates in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Please note that there is a known issue with this new patch involving a prompt requesting that the software be updated even though the updates have already been installed; if you should notice this after you receive and install the patch, be aware that we are working on this problem. You can read more about the recent releases for Quicken Windows subscription software in the Support Article linked here

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    @quicken_jared,
    Thank you for your response.
    Checked for that Update; only R40.13 available.

Hope it clears TD-error up when it comes down...

thanks again
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    @quicken_jared,
    Uploaded R40.21 via the Mondo Patch, tonight.
    It looks good.
    Let's wait a couple of days to see if it's steady.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.