Synovus Bank - How to Connect Quicken

AmyBrookhaven
AmyBrookhaven Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
Hello,
Can you help me connect Quicken to my Synovus bank account please? It used to work but no longer works. I noticed the URL when I log into the account online is https://personal.synovus.com/. This is not an option when I type in Synovus when trying to setup the connection. I just see various options for www.synovus.com.
Thank you,

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Can you help me connect Quicken to my Synovus bank account please? It used to work but no longer works. I noticed the URL when I log into the account online is https://personal.synovus.com/. This is not an option when I type in Synovus when trying to setup the connection. I just see various options for www.synovus.com.
    Thank you,
    Hello @AmyBrookhaven,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account connections. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding this financial institution and account connections that is related to the situation you are describing. You can view the thread linked here for additional details and any available updates.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Hi @AmyBrookhaven .  The URL you see when trying to set up an account for Online Services via Add Account or Set Up Now is just a reference.  It is not the URL Quicken uses to actually connect to the Financial Institution. 
    I noticed that Synovus provides some special instructions for Quicken users that need to be completed after an April 8-9 system maintenance was performed:  Action required for Quicken© and Intuit© QuickBooks/Mint© users.  Have you completed this process?
    In looking at the FIDIR list I see there are a lot of different Financial Institutions that are using some variation of a "synovus" URL.  Is your bank actually named Synovus or does it have another name that it goes by?
    I also typed in "synovus" in Add Account and there are a lot of different financial institutions listed. 
    • If your bank is actually named "Synovus" have you tried setting up the connection with one of the two My Synovus links? 
    • If that does not work, have you tried setting it up with the other My Synovus link?
    • If that does not work, have you tried setting it up with the Synovus Gateway link?  (In looking at the Synovus.com website it appears that perhaps Synovus might have recently made changes and now refers to "Synovus Gateway" there.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• mkkizziah
    mkkizziah Member
    Same issues here..... neither my Synovus or the gateway work. I'm able to log on to my Synovus but quicken will not recognize the user or password. Issue just began about a week ago
  • AmyBrookhaven
    AmyBrookhaven Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Hi Boatnmaniac - thanks for your suggestions. I did try all of the links (My Synovus, Synovus Gateway, etc) and none of them worked. When I looked at the Synovus documentation for April 8-9 it looked like the instructions were very old. It references Windows 2010-2013 users and QuickBooks Windows/Mac
    2014 - 2016. It just doesn't look like it's a recent publication..... and might even be for Quicken desktop? Can you tell if this is recent?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Hi Boatnmaniac - thanks for your suggestions. I did try all of the links (My Synovus, Synovus Gateway, etc) and none of them worked. When I looked at the Synovus documentation for April 8-9 it looked like the instructions were very old. It references Windows 2010-2013 users and QuickBooks Windows/Mac
    2014 - 2016. It just doesn't look like it's a recent publication..... and might even be for Quicken desktop? Can you tell if this is recent?
    Not sure what you mean by "...might even be for Quicken desktop."  Quicken is a desktop program.  Quicken Mobile and Quicken on the Web are simply reduced-function and reduced-data add ons to Quicken.  Maybe you are thinking Quickbooks is Quicken desktop?  Quickbooks is a totally different financial program from Quicken so they list separate instructions for Quicken and for Quickbooks.
    Anyway I did review the instructions and I agree that they should have been updated some.  But they do specifically state that the instructions are to be followed after their system updates that were done earlier this month.  And the instructions also state that some variation to the instructions might be needed for more recent versions of Quicken.  Still, the instructions are pretty accurate which I'll summarize as follows:
    1. Backup your data file before proceeding.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General tab > remove the Account Number from the upper right quadrant (I prefer to remove all Financial Institution Information shown above the Contact Name field).
    3. If you have more than one Synovus account, repeat #2 for each of them.
    4. Add Account > select one of the My Synovus set up links > enter your online Synovus UserID and PW > if/when prompted, be sure to link the downloaded data to the appropriate account(s) already existing in Quicken > if any duplicate transactions are entered into the register they will need to be manually deleted.
    5. If #4 does not work, try doing Add Account with the other My Synovus set up link.
    6. If #5 does not work, try doing Add Account with the Synovus Gateway set up link.
    The most normal deactivate/reactivate process is similar to these steps but this one adds the removal of Financial Institution Information from General tab.  This additional step is usually needed if/when the Financial Institution has made even a slight change to the account number (such as adding a 0 to the beginning of it), has undergone a name change and/or has totally broken the link that was previously established with Quicken.

Let us know whether or not this fixes the issue.

If it does not it is quite possible that you will simply need to wait for the issue identified by the Alert to be resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Rschnat
    Rschnat Member ✭✭
    > @AmyBrookhaven said:
    > Hello,
    > Can you help me connect Quicken to my Synovus bank account please? It used to work but no longer works. I noticed the URL when I log into the account online is https://personal.synovus.com/. This is not an option when I type in Synovus when trying to setup the connection. I just see various options for www.synovus.com.
    > Thank you,

When is this issue going to be fixed with Synovus. I haven't been able to download for 1 week.
  • Rschnat
    Rschnat Member ✭✭
    It has been a week since I have been able to download Synovus transactions. I have sent numerous emails and made several calls to Quicken and all I get is "we are aware of it and we are working on it." Can others download Synovus transactions?
This discussion has been closed.