Changing computer will not accept my current password

How can I use my password

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @voneisinger, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your password. Can you elaborate on what problem you're having, is this a file password or a Quicken account password? There should be a "forgot password" button as well if that's the issue. I look forward to hearing back, thanks!
    -Quicken Jade
  • voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    It is Quicken password. When I click "forgot your password" it returns "Hmmm Can't reach this place"
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your reply @voneisinger, is this in the Quicken program installed on your new computer? If so, what is the version you are trying to use? You can check this by going to Help > About Quicken. Thanks!
    - Quicken Jade
  • voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    The program is Intuit Quicken Deluxe with CD ASM 505963 on the disk label.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @voneisinger On your OLD computer, what shows as the BUILD, and product that you're running?  Do HELP, "About Quicken" for this info.
    Any idea when, and from whom, you bought that CD?  Because that CD info isn't helpful.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    edited April 2022
    It reads Version: R17.4 Build:1.17.4 Registered to Quicken Id: [Removed - Personal Information]
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current version if R40.21 ... meaning that you're about 23 releases behind,  Is it actually asking for an Intuit password, because that version was released when Intuit still owned  Q and Intuit servers no longer recognize the request.
    Even if that was a type, and you're really on R27.xx, you're still many releases behind.
    See this thread for upgrading to the FREE 2013 version https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20253210#Comment_20253210
    BUT, before we proceed,  what Operating system are you running?  And why haven't you previously upgraded.

• voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    Both my old and new computer are using Windows 10. I only use Quicken to balance my bank accounts so I really don’t need any improvements. Previous to Quicken I used a spreadsheet.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    voneisinger said: It reads Version: R17.4

Well - that is from the time when Quicken was being sold off from Intuit -
    SO... your 2018 version of Quicken is looking for the non-existent Intuit servers from back in 2018.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    So, what do I do?
  • voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    Do I need to buy a new program? Hopefully cheap and easy. Not your problem, but I am 88 years old and hard to teach.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    If you are actually on R17.4, that is the subscription (latest version) of Quicken. While you are several releases behind (R#) it is still a current version. Do you know if your subscription is still current? You can check by going to Help>Manage Your Subscription>My Quicken Account. Then select Subscriptions. If it is still current, you can download the app for no cost and reinstall.

With a valid Quicken install you can proceed with your file. It is not clear if you have a password that is not accepted, or your file is prompting for a password that you never used.
  • voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    I have never paid for a subscription. Now what?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You version is unclear, are you using US or Canadian?
  • voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    United States.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    GeoffG said:
    If you are actually on R17.4, that is the subscription (latest version) of Quicken. While you are several releases behind (R#) it is still a current version.
    According to Q's "Release Notes", R17 was released in December 2018.
    That's still supported?

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the original issue remains unresolved, I was trying to determine if the OP may have been on an old un-updated subscription version as you can find subscription releases all the way back to R2.1. Is that a problem?
  • voneisinger
    voneisinger Member
    I noticed that I am using Quicken Deluxe 2015. Would it be better to sign on to one of the subscription services?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2015 is prior to the split of Quicken from intuit. This explains why you are not advancing with the password sign on. You need to install the latest Q2015 version that sets the software on your PC to look at the Quicken servers, not intuit.
    The version you need to download and install is available by selecting this link...
    Quicken 2015 Patches - QuicknPerlWiz and selecting the first entry Release 17.4 Mondo

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    voneisinger said: I noticed that I am using Quicken Deluxe 2015.
    You might have a CD that may have been labelled as 2015 -
    but if you do the .... Help --> About Quicken - and it shows R17.4 - that is the real "updated" version you are actually running -
    and you are doing GREAT for being 88

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.