How to show RMD in Cash Flow report?

TPerk
TPerk Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an IRA and IND accounts. When online transferring my RMD out of IRA and into IND, there is seemingly no way to enter my RMD amount into my Cash Flow report.

Any suggestions?
Thanks much
Tom P In Sunny Virginia Beach, Va
Q Win Premier Sub

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    What is an IND account?

Assuming you are using or starting with the Banking > Cash Flow report, that report excludes all transfers by default. 

To see the transfers from your IRA, you should click on the gear at the top right to customize the report then on the Advanced tab, next to Transfers, pick Exclude internal.

If the IND account is an investing account, you should go to the Accounts tab and include it in the report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Jim,

I've tried your suggestions numerous times with no success. Let me seee if I can be clearer.

IND is INDIVIDUAL and is a regular taxable account...like a bank account but it happens to be a brokerage account (not tax deferred like IRA). My report is a banking report. Its cash flow.

When I exclude internal transfers my report shows the IRA to IND RMD transfer, but it is labeled "From T IRA 073". It does not say where it went or that it is my RMD for the year. By itself this would be OK, but.................now my report shows numerous other unwanted income and expense transfers.

I want to get the RMD transfer to show up as RMD income in my report.
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there is no way to control how transfers are labeled in reports, or to indicate what account an incoming transfer went to.

If the report now includes transfers to and from accounts that you do not want to see, you can go to the Categories customization tab. At the bottom of the list of categories, you will see a list of all your accounts. De-select any accounts whose transfers you do not want to see in the report. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Jim, I had to re-classify some accounts, but your suggesstion worked.
    Thanks
    Q Win Premier Sub
This discussion has been closed.