Update 6.7.0 will not open existing file

I just updated to version 6.7.0. Quicken will not open the file. It goes through the update database process and says it cannot open the file. I've tried opening by locating the file and get same response. I've restarted the computer, same response. I need to get into the file.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's possible something in your file got damaged in the upgrade. Try creating a new file, and then select "Restore from backup" from the File menu. Choose a recent backup from a day or two ago.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Whenever there's a program update, Quicken creates a backup labeled "PRE-UPDATE". This is the one you will want to try to restore. You can find the backups by going to menu File > Show Backups in Finder (in Quicken). This is normally (user) > Library > Application Support > Quicken > Backups.

If you want to revert to the previous app version, you will find it in the Trash (if you haven't emptied the trash). You can drag it out of the trash to the top level Applications folder to overwrite the newer version.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • CRJUSA
    CRJUSA Member
    Thank you! This worked.
  • I had the same issue. Tried to restore from the PRE-UPDATE backup and it failed again. I had to grab the previous version from the trash. That still worked. Just don't know when/if I can upgrade.
  • Ben Smith
    Ben Smith Member
    Are there any updates on this topic? I'm stuck on version 6.6.2 and have attempted the upgrade to 6.7.0 at least 3 times, each time my save file cannot be opened. I'm in the same boat - I'm not sure when I will be able to upgrade my Quicken now.
  • CRJUSA
    CRJUSA Member
    See the response above from April 29. This worked for me and it’s working. Good luck