Downloaded transactions not showing up in investment accounts

mansart
mansart Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
After performing a One Step Update, my investment accounts will have red flags next to them indicating that there are new transactions to be reviewed. However, when I go into the various investment accounts the newly downloaded transactions do not show up.

The only way I can get them to show up is to go into each account, click on Downloaded Transactions at the bottom, (which shows "Downloaded Transactions (0)"), and then click the Update Transactions button, and then click the Update Now button, and then wait for the account to update again. Then the new transactions will finally show up for review. I have to do this individually for each investment account.

This didn't used to be the case, (although it's been this way for many months). My investment accounts used to work just like all of my bank and credit card accounts do; if there is a red flag showing after a One Step Update, the newly downloaded transactions are listed at the bottom to be reviewed as soon as I go into the account, no further action is required to get them to show up.

I did a search and couldn't see anyone else mentioning this, so I'm wondering if it's just me. I'd like to get it resolved, as it adds a lot of time to the process.

Quicken Premier
Version R39.23
Build 27.1.39.23
Windows 10 Home

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Hi @mansart

Can you tell me how you connect to these accounts - specifically are you using "Direct Connect", "Express Web Connect", or "Web Connect".  Also have you looked at your settings to see if they are set to "automatically" accept downloaded transactions?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mansart
    Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
    Express Web Connect+
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mansart

Please go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Downloaded transactions" - and tell me which options are checked in the right-hand panel.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mansart
    @Frankx The following are the only options that are checked.

During transaction download
    - Automatically categorize transactions
    - Automatically apply Quicken's suggested name to payee
    - Capitalize first letter only in downloaded payee names
    Your renaming rules
    - Use my existing renaming rules
    - Automatically create rules when I rename payees
    - Let me review/confirm the automatically created rules
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mansart,

Did these issues just begin, or were they present while you were using 39.17 and/or 39.21?

Frankx

• mansart
    @Frankx I don't pay that much attention to updates, so I don't really know if it started after a particular update. I only know that it didn't used to behave this way, but it has been for at least a couple of months.
  • mansart
    edited April 2022
    For what it's worth, the Update Summary that comes up after the One Step Update shows the correct number of new transactions for the investment accounts, even though the actual transactions *don't* show up in the Downloaded Transactions list within the accounts. On the other hand, the Update Summary that comes up after I use the Update Transactions button within the account shows 0 new transactions, even though the transactions now *do* show up in the Downloaded Transactions list.
  • SVG
    SVG Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue with 3 accounts at Merrill Edge. I click one step update, my bank and credit cards update, but my investment accounts don't.

But if I click the update button at the download window in a specific account, it does not resolve like it does for @mansart.

I use Quicken Premier Windows Version R39.23, Build 27.1.39.23, using Direct connect
    This has been going on for maybe a year.
  • SVG
    SVG Member ✭✭
    Additionally, automatic entry is off
This discussion has been closed.