R40.23 Canada - Mobile Sync

pwlong777
pwlong777 Unconfirmed ✭✭
I just installed the production version of Quicken R40.23 and it no longer syncs investment accounts, US accounts, etc.  [Removed - Beta]

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    pwlong777 said:
    I just installed the production version of Quicken R40.23 and it no longer syncs investment accounts, US accounts, etc.  [Removed - Beta]
    Hello @pwlong777

I am sorry to hear about these issues with syncing that you are experiencing. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

I just want to confirm; is the data file being viewed in the Mobile app the same one as that which is being used in the desktop version of the application? Also, have you tried resetting your cloud data? If not, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the instructions listed below:

You can go about resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. First, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below)

If they are found not to match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Navigate to Preferences...
    4. Navigate to Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pwlong777
    pwlong777 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    In previous versions of Quicken, I have been able to sync bank accounts, investment accounts, cash, US, credit card, etc.  I have been able to do so in the beta version that I have been testing. I updated to R40.23 (production) today, and the Mobile and Web tab (where you define what accounts you want to sync) no longer shows investment account or US accounts.  It is not a matter of the sync itself, but the ability to include these types of accounts.  PS - the beta version shows these accounts and synchs them without problem.
  • Quicken Jared
    pwlong777 said:
    In previous versions of Quicken, I have been able to sync bank accounts, investment accounts, cash, US, credit card, etc.  I have been able to do so in the beta version that I have been testing. I updated to R40.23 (production) today, and the Mobile and Web tab (where you define what accounts you want to sync) no longer shows investment account or US accounts.  It is not a matter of the sync itself, but the ability to include these types of accounts.  PS - the beta version shows these accounts and synchs them without problem.
    @pwlong77

Thank you for working with me on this problem. I do apologize that these issues are continuing. 

I am still unclear as to what is happening when you are unable to sync these accounts. Are you indicating that menu options are now missing for these accounts? Also, please refer to my previous comment; I am curious as to which troubleshooting steps may have already been taken.

I hope to hear more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pwlong777
    pwlong777 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I have now reset the cloud and resync'd as per your instructions, and logged back on to my mobile account. The bank accounts (including one US account), credit card and cash accounts are present in the cloud. None of the investment accounts were there in the cloud (they had been before the reset), and none of the investment accounts were included in the menu option under the Mobile and Web tab (note that they still are present in the "other" version I have been using)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is strange that you mention that you were able to sync US accounts in the past because was my understanding that wasn't allowed.  The Quicken Cloud dataset (where you sync to for Mobile/Web) doesn't have support for multiple currencies.  As such Quicken Windows has always blocked syncing of accounts to only the "home currency".  USD for Quicken Windows US, and CAD for Quicken Canadian.

As for the rest I don't know why you wouldn't be able to sync them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pwlong777
    pwlong777 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    The fact that I can sync my US bank account may be due to the fact that I use the older web connect to download my bank accounts.  This works for Canadian and US accounts.  If I chose the more convenient and newer download (one step update) it treats my US bank account as a Canadian account and will not link to my Quicken US account.  I have reported this many times, but it is still a problem .
  • Quicken Jared
    edited May 2022
    pwlong777 said:
    The fact that I can sync my US bank account may be due to the fact that I use the older web connect to download my bank accounts.  This works for Canadian and US accounts.  If I chose the more convenient and newer download (one step update) it treats my US bank account as a Canadian account and will not link to my Quicken US account.  I have reported this many times, but it is still a problem .
    Hello @pwlong777

Thank you for continuing to communicate with us about this problem on the Quicken Community, and thanks for providing additional information about what is happening. I do apologize this problem remains after attempting to reset the cloud data.

At this stage, it would benefit you best to reach out to Quicken Support with the contact information provided in this link. I do wish that I could go into greater depth on this issue with you via the Quicken Community platform, but there are resources available to Support that would enable them to better document and investigate this problem, as well as pursue further troubleshooting steps.

Again, I am sorry that I can't proffer a resolution directly on the Quicken Community, but I do hope this helps. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pwlong777
    pwlong777 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I have decided to go back to the previous release until this and other serious problems are resolved.  It seems that there are enough problems with R40 that the developers need to resolve (and maybe pull this release until that time).
This discussion has been closed.