Move from 2016 H&B, accounts/ transactions missings

Mic
Mic Member
I've just moved from Quicken 2016 Home&Business to Quicken Deluxe with difficulty in installing this new version. Eventually the Support instructed me to create and install under "New Quicken" folder. However, when opening up my data files; some accounts became N/A, accounts and transactions after 2017 are missing and those prior were not all there too. Any suggestion please?
Thank you.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Mic said:
    I've just moved from Quicken 2016 Home&Business to Quicken Deluxe with difficulty in installing this new version. Eventually the Support instructed me to create and install under "New Quicken" folder. However, when opening up my data files; some accounts became N/A, accounts and transactions after 2017 are missing and those prior were not all there too. Any suggestion please?
    Thank you.
    Hello @Mic

I am sorry to hear about these problems with missing accounts and transactions. Thank you for speaking to us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Where on your computer is this 'New Quicken' folder located, and where is your current active data file being kept? You can find the location of the active data file by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Also, what kind of accounts were missing? Are all of these accounts of the 'investment' type? Are the issues you are noticing occurring in accounts associated with particular financial institutions, and if so, which ones?

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mic
    Mic Member
    Thank you, Jared. The New Quicken folder is located in C:\New Quicken, while the data file is in D:\...\Quicken2022 folder
    Account type; some are savings, some Brokerage (under Investment)
    They are not associated to any FI as I mostly created manually.

Thanks
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mic what is the full path and file name of your Q data file?  Start with the drive and end with  .qdf

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.