I have several accounts that are not showing the online balance and do not reconcile

Paditt
Paditt Member ✭✭
I am running Quicken Premier Windows 10 - Version R40.21 Build 27.1.40.21

Several accounts including:
Bay Federal Credit Union
Commonwealth Central Credit Union
Citibank

Are not showing the online balance, and do not reconcile from Online balance.

I've gone through the steps to disconnect the accounts, remove the bank and account numbers, and then reconnect the accounts without any success. Account reset also doesn't solve the issue.

This issued started in early April 2022 and had not resolved.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    As the online balance is unreliable, I suggest you reconcile the register using a statement obtained from the financial institution.
  • Paditt
    Paditt Member ✭✭
    It has been reliable for years, this is just a recent issue that I have tried to resolve. There has to be a better solution than go back to the old paper method. This is likely a bug introduced in a recent update or a change at the financial intuitions.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Online balances are unreliable because, for example, restaurants will frequently post the charge without tip and then sometimes, often the next day, post the correction.  That intermediate charge becomes part of the "online balance" even though it's only temporary.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Paditt said:
    It has been reliable for years, this is just a recent issue that I have tried to resolve. There has to be a better solution than go back to the old paper method. This is likely a bug introduced in a recent update or a change at the financial intuitions.
    No one has suggested that you go back to the old paper method.  If you think this is likely a bug, I suggest you report the issue to Quicken: select Help > Report a problem....  Until you think the online balance is reliable again, I suggest you reconcile the register using a statement obtained from the financial institution.  Note: The only difference between using the online balance and a statement when you reconcile is, when using the statement, you provided the closing balance and date.
This discussion has been closed.