Why do I have QuickenAcct calendar in calendar.app? (Q Mac)

Options
DavidCB
DavidCB Member ✭✭
With Quicken Starter 6.7.0 (macOS 12.3.1), in my Calendar.app I have a QuickenAcct calendar that seems to be empty. If I delete it, it reappears.

What is it doing there and how can I get rid of it?

Thank you,

David

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    DavidCB said:
    Hi Jared,

Thank you for your reply -- I appreciate your help.

I don't know when this started although it was undoubtedly with a previous installation of Quicken, which I have been using through many versions.

I am attaching a screenshot to this message.

David
    Hello @DavidCB

I am sorry to hear about these difficulties with the calendar reminder continuing. Thank you for working with me on this problem in this Quicken Community Discussion. 

You should be able to control-click or right-click (depending on your setup) the reminder icon and then choose Delete from the dropdown menu. If these menu options are not working as expected, I recommend reaching out to Apple support, as it is outside of my scope to troubleshoot Mac calendar issues. I wish that I could offer more advice, but I am confident that Apple support will be wholly able to assist you with this problem.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Options
    DavidCB said:
    With Quicken Starter 6.7.0 (macOS 12.3.1), in my Calendar.app I have a QuickenAcct calendar that seems to be empty. If I delete it, it reappears.

What is it doing there and how can I get rid of it?

Thank you,

David
    Hello @DavidCB,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with calendars that won't go away. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community.

First, when did this issue with begin? Also, is there any way you might be able to provide us with a screenshot of what you are seeing currently? For reference, here is a thread regarding how to submit screenshots to the Quicken Community. Please note that you may also drag and drop your image into your comment before it has been posted, if that proves simpler.

I look forward to seeing your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DavidCB
    DavidCB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

I don't know when this started although it was undoubtedly with a previous installation of Quicken, which I have been using through many versions.

David
  • Quicken Jared
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    DavidCB said:
    Hi Jared,

David
    Hello @DavidCB

I am sorry to hear about these difficulties with the calendar reminder continuing. Thank you for working with me on this problem in this Quicken Community Discussion. 

You should be able to control-click or right-click (depending on your setup) the reminder icon and then choose Delete from the dropdown menu. If these menu options are not working as expected, I recommend reaching out to Apple support, as it is outside of my scope to troubleshoot Mac calendar issues. I wish that I could offer more advice, but I am confident that Apple support will be wholly able to assist you with this problem.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DavidCB
    DavidCB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

Thank you for the tip -- Control-click worked. (Before I had been using Edit > Delete.)

I would still like to know why the calendar was there in the first place though, and what its function was. (I didn't install it.)

David
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    DavidCB said:
    Hi Jared,

Thank you for the tip -- Control-click worked. (Before I had been using Edit > Delete.)

I would still like to know why the calendar was there in the first place though, and what its function was. (I didn't install it.)

David
    Hello @DavidCB,        

Thanks so much for getting back to me about this, and I am very happy to hear that we were able to successfully remove this calendar item. I do apologize that there is still some confusion as to its origin.

Do you know if anyone else was using the computer recently? Is it at all possible that it was created by accident? I wish I could provide more information, but I don't have access to the necessary histories to say exactly how this reminder was made. It doesn't necessarily appear to be connected to the Quicken application, directly. 

I wish I could provide a greater degree of certainty about its source. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• DavidCB
    DavidCB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

Thank you anyway.

By the way, no one else except me has ever used this computer.

David
  • DavidCB
    DavidCB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

P.S. As far as I know I didn't create the QuickenApp calendar, which I would have never had reason to do.

I have a strong feeling it was created by a previous version of Quicken.

David
This discussion has been closed.