Transactions entered in my investment account are not showing in my linked banking account?

Rhino18
Rhino18 Member
I've been a Quicken user for many years. This month on two of my investment accounts (IRA's) the transactions I entered in my investment account are not showing in the linked checking account? The other 6 investment accounts are fine and I'm not having any issues with them, it's just the two IRA's that are not showing which is not allowing me to reconcile the account? Any suggestions?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you convert to Q from another product, such as MYM  or YNAB?  Because in Q, a "linked checking account" isn't supposed to be permitted in a retirement  type account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Rhino18 said:
    I've been a Quicken user for many years. This month on two of my investment accounts (IRA's) the transactions I entered in my investment account are not showing in the linked checking account? The other 6 investment accounts are fine and I'm not having any issues with them, it's just the two IRA's that are not showing which is not allowing me to reconcile the account? Any suggestions?
    Hello @Rhino18

I am sorry to hear about this issue with missing transactions. Thank you for inquiring about this matter here on the Quicken Community. 

Were the two IRA accounts recently added within your Quicken data file, or had they been operating expectedly for some time? Also, have you noticed any recent error messages when the transactions fail to download? Lastly, which financial institution(s) are these accounts associated with? We will require some of this information as we assist you in troubleshooting this issue.

I look forward to your responses, and I hope to continue working on this problem with you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rhino18
    Rhino18 Member
    These were not recently added accounts, they have been active accounts for the last 10 to 15 years. I do not download my transactions I enter them manually
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your IRA accounts, what shows in the "Action" column for one of these transactions?

• Rhino18
    Rhino18 Member
    I should mention that although they are IRA’s I mark them as “not tax deferred” in account set up so I can link a checking account to them. To answer your question, the transactions are marked as “Div” for a dividend transaction
  • Rhino18
    Rhino18 Member
    I checked some of my other accounts that are linking fine and I see in the investment account they are showing as “divx” vs “div” in the 2 accounts I’m having trouble with. Why is that?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DivX should mean that they're being moved to the corresponding LCA. Div would means the money stars in the account (perhaps to be used later).  SO,  in those IRA accounts, the money isn't being transferred to the LCA.
    BTW, your use of "Not Tax deferred" means that your  Tax reports,  in Q, will include these accounts ... which they normally shouldn't include.

• Mare
    Mare Member ✭✭
    I have been using Quicken for 25 years. When I set up my IRA account I was able to add a linked cash account. Now dividends do not show up in the cash account unless I go back and change the Div to DivX for each transaction. I am not interested in setting up a new account in order to fix this. All of the cash in this linked account is part of the IRA and provides an easy way to balance the cash portion of the account as well as search for any errors. I think Quicken should update the system so that I can continue to use the brokerage IRA in the manner I have been using for the last 25 years. I was able to set the account(s) up this way originally and want to continue this way.
  • Rhino18
    Rhino18 Member
    I'm having the same problem, would like to see Quicken provide a solution that doesn't involve deleting the account and starting over?
  • I too am having the same problem.

Like the others, I am a longtime Quicken user and did not migrate to Quicken from any other money apps. In my case, I set up a Roth with a linked checking account and have entered my investment transactions manually each month ever since, then jumped over to the linked checking account to balance.

Everything was seamless until March. I struggled to figure out what caused the missing Linked Cash Account transactions and gave up. Then came April, and the problem was still there.

Before finding this email thread, I too observed that the transactions which used to go in as DivX are now going in as Div. Thus, the transactions show up in the brokerage account but are missing from the LCA. I can manually change those transactions in the brokerage account to DivX, and then the transactions will magically show up in the linked checking account, just as they should. However, Miscellaneous Expense transactions which used to enter as MiscExpX are now getting entered as MiscExp and CANNOT be changed to MiscExpX.

Very frustrating!

In addition, the option to remove the LCA is no longer present in my account details display either.

I do not want to delete/recreate given the huge number of transactions that have accumulated through the years and wonder if some functionality which historically was always backward-compatible was lost in the most recent update.
This discussion has been closed.