Software Error? Random Expense transactions show as MONEY IN

Ross Peebles
Ross Peebles Member ✭✭
I have the latest version of Mac Quicken. ALL my transactions have type: Expense and Income loaded the file of all built Windws> All reports seem to work except "Other Report Category Summary" with the main heading of Money In and Money Out" The report works just fine except 1 Category: "Hobby" with 2 subcategories: Photography and Sewing. Although they are built as an expense, the transactions are loaded as an expense with each purchase an expense, the transactions are listed on the report as Money IN. I emphasize ALL other expense transactions fall under Money OUT on the report. I have used this report for over 3 years and no problems have occurred until this last month. Please ADVISE and HELP!

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Simple answer: don't use the Other >  Category Summary report. It is known to produce some inconsistent data like this. It is an old report which is slated to be removed from the program at some point. Use one of the pre-built Transaction or Summary reports, or select New and build your own custom report. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ross Peebles
    Ross Peebles Member ✭✭
    Appreciate your prompt reply. I had already thought about doing that but I see no option for a NEW REPORT on any dropdown
  • Ross Peebles
    Ross Peebles Member ✭✭
    Sorry, just realized "Create a new..." is the same as saying "create a new report". In fact, I had already built a preliminary report and given it a name. As I tried to start this new report I tried to give it the same name. It says the report already exists (from my original). But where is it? It is not listed nor can I open this original report. I know I can use it if I knew where to find it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Is the name a custom name, like "Ross Expenses", or one which may conflict with a built-in Quicken report? If you click on Reports > All Reports, are you sure the report you're trying to create isn't in that list? In any case, for the time being, just give your report a new name (e.g. "Ross Expenses - New" until you get it fully tweaked and are sure the report is showing what you need it to.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.