Downloaded transactions do not appear

harosenberg
harosenberg Member ✭✭
Downloaded transactions are available but do not show in the register for any account. All preferences for the downloaded transactions are correct. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall Quicken? If so, how can I be sure I will get the Premier edition I subscribe to?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this happening in all  accounts?
    You say that the preferences are correct, but at EDIT, Preferences,  Downloaded Transactions  are EITHER of the "Automatically add" options  checked?
    Is the balance  in the accounts correct?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    i have unchecked the 'automatically add' as I prefer to review them; it has worked in the past but apparently not with the last update. If i do check 'automatically add' then yes they are added to the register. Is this the only way to get them now with no chance to review first? Balances in the accounts are correct.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    i have unchecked the 'automatically add' as I prefer to review them; it has worked in the past but apparently not with the last update. If i do check 'automatically add' then yes they are added to the register. Is this the only way to get them now with no chance to review first? Balances in the accounts are correct.
    Hello @harosenberg

I am sorry for any distress this issue with missing transactions is causing. Thank you for reaching out again to speak with us about this matter.

Do you see a green Reset button just above the register? Try clicking this, provided that it is not 'greyed out.' Also, try clicking on the small, triangular arrow in the box alongside the word Date, at the top of the associated column within the register, itself. Make sure that it is facing downward. I want to be sure that there are no filtration settings obscuring the transactions from view before I move on to additional troubleshooting recommendations.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this issue, and hope to continue working with you, further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Jared

The reset button is greyed out. The triangular arrow alongside the word Date is indeed facing downward. Also, the filters triangular arrow is facing downward and the filters applied are 'all dates', 'Any type' and 'All Transactions'.

Howard
  • Quicken Jared
    Thank you Quicken Jared

The reset button is greyed out. The triangular arrow alongside the word Date is indeed facing downward. Also, the filters triangular arrow is facing downward and the filters applied are 'all dates', 'Any type' and 'All Transactions'.

Howard
    Hello @harosenberg,     

Thank you so much for getting back to me about this. I am sorry that the resolution for this problem remains unclear, at the moment. 

To reiterate a question asked by @NotACPA, is this problem affecting multiple accounts? If so, try restoring from a backup. We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to the emergence of this issue by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the same menu. I am curious as to whether or not this problem continues after a backup has been restored.

I look forward to your response, and I hope to continue working with you on this, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    I restored an earlier backup. The problem continues.
  • Quicken Jared
    I restored an earlier backup. The problem continues.
    Hello @harosenberg

I am sorry to hear about this issue continuing after restoring from a backup. Thanks for taking the chance to update me, and for implementing those troubleshooting steps mentioned previously. 

Again, is this occurring only in specific accounts? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to seeing your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    It is happening in banking, credit and investment accounts. The file has not moved located on the c drive-windows-users-documents-quicken
  • Quicken Jared
    It is happening in banking, credit and investment accounts. The file has not moved located on the c drive-windows-users-documents-quicken
    @harosenberg

Thank you for reaching back out to me with the answers to those questions. I am sorry that we have yet to achieve a resolution for this issue.

First, save a backup, then try validating the data file by utilizing these steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have proceeded through those instructions, you may also try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope to continue working with you on this issue with necessary, and I appreciate any updates you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    went through the first validate and repair - it generated a long log file mostly finding transactions linked to closed accounts; one damaged category no read errors all internal consistency checks passed. there were no transaction updates available so i could not see if it worked. will wait for the next update and try it before going to the second super validation. may take awhile.
    thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @harosenberg - Check each of the "Last Download" dates and times for each account.  Are they current?  If not, try doing an account reset.  Go into Account Details -> Online Services tab.  Click on "Reset Account".  During the process, it will show the account sign in screen with information filled in.  Just enter through that.  If the information is not filled in, you will need to provide it, so have your sign on information at the ready.  Do this for each account that does not show a current date and time.  I would then restart Quicken and then do a one step update and check the update date and time again.  If the dates and times are current that means there is a working connection and transactions should be current.
  • harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    all transactions in each account are current and up to date
  • Quicken Jared
    all transactions in each account are current and up to date
    Hello @harosenberg

Thank you for checking back in with us to let us know about these new developments.

Am I to understand that the issue seems to be resolved? If so, this is welcome news. If not, I do have another recommendation to offer.

Let me know if the positive trends continue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jared. The issue is not resolved. I still cannot download transactions and review them before accepting them into the registers. I can have them go in automatically but that is not what I want to do. Something has broken and I cannot figure out what. It cannot be just me; has to be something in the updates
  • @harosenberg - I just saw another post here for someone who had a similar issue since 4/30.  The solution for them was to add Quicken (QW.EXE) to the exceptions list for their firewall.  Just grasping at straws here, but it's worth a try.

• harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    worth a shot Damian, thank you. I'll give it a try. Need to wait awhile to get new transactions in the updates.
  • harosenberg
    harosenberg Member ✭✭
    still does not work; shows that transactions are there to review but does not show them. Only way is to automatically have them loaded in the register without prior review. This stinks......whatever they did do the program it has made it less user friendly
  • Quicken Jared
    still does not work; shows that transactions are there to review but does not show them. Only way is to automatically have them loaded in the register without prior review. This stinks......whatever they did do the program it has made it less user friendly
    Hello @haronsenberg

I do apologize that this problem still remains. Thank you for continuing to letting us know about your results thus far.

One other option left to us is to try copying your data file. Please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward.

With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Copy or Backup File...
    3. Select Create a copy or template
    4. Click Next 
    5. Select a file location on your computer
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK
    Let us know if that works.

Thanks,

-Quicken Jared 
  • Glen Ecklund
    Glen Ecklund Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?
  • Glen Ecklund
    Glen Ecklund Member ✭✭
    It appears that the transactions are downloaded as expected, but not displayed. If I download first, then check the box:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions -> Automatically add to banking registers
    the transactions become visible, without having to do another download (Update Accounts).

So I think you can stop looking for a download issue. But please look for why downloaded transactions are no longer being displayed at the bottom, under "Downloaded Transactions".
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Unaccepted downloaded transactions do not show in the register itself. They show in the Downloaded Transactions tab.
    If you're missing the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register ...
    The Bill and Income Reminders tab and the Downloaded Transactions tab do not show at the bottom of the register if the account has been set to "automatically accept downloaded transactions into your register".
    There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
    - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
    - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.
    You mentioned the Date column sort order being set to "The triangular arrow alongside the word Date is indeed facing downward."
    ▾ means that transactions are sorted in descending order, newest transactions at the top of the register view
    ▴ means that transactions are sorted in ascending order, newest transactions at the bottom of the register view. This, IMHO, should be the setting you always use.

• toekneel02
    toekneel02 Member ✭✭
    Is this really issue really still open and unresolved? I am just now experiencing this same issue, and as other users have indicated, I am not going to change my settings to simply accept all transactions. What is the true fix on this?
This discussion has been closed.