Last Download Date/Time No Longer Displaying ***RESOLVED***

mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
Q R39.23 Win 11 Home

The last download date/time on all my account registers has suddenly stopped displaying after downloading transactions. Its happening with all accounts, both direct connect and express web. Some accounts are currently still displaying, but if I update them, the info will disappear. Is there any way to fix this?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the Last updated: date to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    mrzookie said:
    @Sherlock

That worked! Well, for everything except my Citi checking/savings accounts, for which, perhaps not coincidentally, I began getting CC-501 errors at around the same time this problem started. I oftentimes have problems with Citi after restoring a backup. I logged out of my Quicken account, logged back in, and that looks to have resolved the last online session info problem with Citi. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Curious - my next step would have been to reinstall Quicken. Had I done so, would that have overwritten the corrupted runtime.dat?

Thanks for your help!
    Not necessarily.  An old style clean uninstall where you manually remove the shared folders certainly would.  A Quicken copy file should also work as it should create a new folder for the runtime.dat.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mrzookie said:
    Q R39.23 Win 11Home

The last download date/time on all my account registers has suddenly stopped displaying after downloading transactions. Its happening with all accounts, both direct connect and express web. Some accounts are currently still displaying, but if I update them, the info will disappear. Is there any way to fix this?
    Hello @mrzookie,   

I apologize about this problem with missing transaction information. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First off, where is your current active data file located? You can verify this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Next, try opening a new data file by going to File > New Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Select New Quicken File then click OK. Click Sync Now if this prompt appears, and then choose a file name like 'test file' and save it to a location on your computer. Click Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web. Now, attempt to add your non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts, going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' icon in the upper menu at the top of the screen, and enter your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not the behavior continues in this new 'test' file.

I look forward to hearing more from you after these steps have been taken.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared

Thanks for your reply. I set up the test file/account. The download information IS displaying in there. I went back to my real file. Still not displaying on the affected accounts. I updated accounts (in the real file) that had not been done in a while and they ARE updating the date/time. So it appears that only accounts that have been updated in the recent past are affected (this issue seems to have started around May 7th, although I'm not sure). Of course, those are the ones for I need the info the most. I ran Validate and it does not indicate any errors. I can go to a backup from May 7, but I'm concerned it might screw things up more. Thoughts?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mrzookie said:
    @Quicken Jared

Thanks for your reply. I set up the test file/account. The download information IS displaying in there. I went back to my real file. Still not displaying on the affected accounts. I updated accounts (in the real file) that had not been done in a while and they ARE updating the date/time. So it appears that only accounts that have been updated in the recent past are affected (this issue seems to have started around May 7th, although I'm not sure). Of course, those are the ones for I need the info the most. I ran Validate and it does not indicate any errors. I can go to a backup from May 7, but I'm concerned it might screw things up more. Thoughts?
    @mrzookie,   

I am so sorry to hear that the issue is remaining after validating the data file. Thank you for taking the time to update me on the results of connecting your accounts in the test file, and attempting to validate the original data file.

You may also attempt to Super Validate the original data file by following these steps:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the erroneous behavior is continuing after you attempt to super validate the original data file, you may also try copying the data file. Keep in mind: doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward.

If you wish to continue, follow the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Copy or Backup File...
    3. Select Create a copy or template
    4. Click Next 
    5. Select a file location on your computer
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK
    Let us know if these steps resolve the issue. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    I did the "copy file" but it didn't help. I'm unable to run super validate - I'm not getting the option to select it when I do ctrl-shift and click validate.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so you pressed and held down CTRL and Shift as you clicked Validate and Repair File ...
    and you didn't get "Super validate file" as circled below?
    Odd ... are you running Windows native on a Windows PC or on a Mac or Linux under a virtual machine? Some VMs need to be customized to pass unusual keystroke combinations to the Windows guest.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the Last updated: date to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @UKR

Yeah, I thought was odd too, bc I've run super validate in the past and don't recall any trouble launching it. But this is probably the first time since I updated to WIN 11 (native on PC), so that might have something to do with it. 
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock

That worked! Well, for everything except my Citi checking/savings accounts, for which, perhaps not coincidentally, I began getting CC-501 errors at around the same time this problem started. I oftentimes have problems with Citi after restoring a backup. I logged out of my Quicken account, logged back in, and that looks to have resolved the last online session info problem with Citi. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Curious - my next step would have been to reinstall Quicken. Had I done so, would that have overwritten the corrupted runtime.dat?

Thanks for your help!
  • @Sherlock what would cause that to happen in the first place?  Did the file get corrupted somehow?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    mrzookie said:
    @Sherlock

Thanks for your help!
    Not necessarily.  An old style clean uninstall where you manually remove the shared folders certainly would.  A Quicken copy file should also work as it should create a new folder for the runtime.dat.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Damian said:
    @Sherlock what would cause that to happen in the first place?  Did the file get corrupted somehow?
    I would think the most likely cause would an interrupted update.  The runtime.dat is just text file.  If you still have the bad one, you may compare it to the good one to see if anything jumps out.  It's also plausible Quicken isn't escaping some metacharacter appropriately.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I had tried both. New file worked, a new runtime.dat was created. File copy did not work. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    Thanks @Sherlock.  Long ago I learned (the hard way) that if I ever do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete for any process in Quicken, I always need to do a backup restore immediately after that.  To this end, I do manual backups frequently.  I aways cringe when I read someone here did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete, especially during an OSU.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Damian said:
    Thanks @Sherlock.  Long ago I learned (the hard way) that if I ever do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete for any process in Quicken, I always need to do a backup restore immediately after that.  To this end, I do manual backups frequently.  I aways cringe when I read someone here did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete, especially during an OSU.
    Unfortunately, the restore of the Quicken file doesn't do anything about the runtime.dat.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    mrzookie said:
    I had tried both. New file worked, a new runtime.dat was created. File copy did not work. 
    Was this a Quicken copy file: select File > Copy or Backup File... and choose Create a copy or template ?
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    mrzookie said:
    Was this a Quicken copy file: select File > Copy or Backup File... and choose Create a copy or template ?
    Yep, it was. Now that I think back, its possible I looked at an account, didn't see the "last online session" info so, assuming it didn't work, I never attempted to run an update. I honestly don't recall. I know for sure that I ran an update with the New File and that def did work.
This discussion has been closed.