How do I add tax to an invoice?

The item was entered and marked as taxable, but when I create the invoice, the tax is not being added.

Answers

• maggiejayne
    maggiejayne Member
    This is not what my invoice looks like. I do not have the tax account menu beside the memo area. I just have a blank space there. I do have a tax account created though.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has this ever worked before or is this the first time you're working with a taxable sale item?
    What version of Quicken (R xx.xx) are you using? US or Canadian version?
    Can you show us an image of a problem invoice using the New Customer Invoice dialog and attach the image here?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall, back  when I used invoicing, that I set up the Sales Tax as an additional item that  could be added to the invoice.  But that was more than a few years ago.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• maggiejayne
    maggiejayne Member
    I think I have the most updated version. Version R40.21 What is odd is that I have about 4 files in Quicken for various businesses and one business has no problem adding tax, but it doesn't even seem to be an option on this particular business.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUT, in your graphic, line 3 of the invoice appears to be Tax ... how did that get there?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you customize the Invoice Layout in this particular data file and remove the "Sales Tax" item from the list?
    AFAIK, this removes the "T" (taxable item) column and the tax related Subtotal, Sales Tax and related items from the Invoice data entry dialog.
This discussion has been closed.