Can't sign in to upgrade Quicken 2017 for Mac to the subscription version (6.7.0)

rtraill
rtraill Member
I have purchased the subscription version for Mac and established an account with Quicken using my email and a password. I can sign in and out of quicken.com, the web version of quicken and this community but when I try and sign in during the installation process it says "invalid credentials". I reset the password (the SMS works to my phone) and trying to get my username (which is my email address and it sends an email with my username as my email. So the email they have is they one I am trying to use and the password works everywhere except the installation process.

Any ideas as to what to do next?
Tagged:

Answers

• rtraill
    rtraill Member
    Can anybody help?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Here's a guess: When you are asked for a password during the install of Quicken, I think you are being for your macOS Administrator account password, not the one for your Quicken ID. That happens anytime to attempt to put a new app in the macOS Applications folder. You must be logged into the Mac with a macOS Admin user account (or know the username and password for such account) to install any program.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • rtraill
    rtraill Member
    Thanks for the suggestion but the screen asking for my Quicken ID and password the "Welcome to Quicken" window.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    In that case, Quicken Support will be the only ones that can help you with this as they are the only ones that can check on your account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.