Can't set my 2 month date in Bill Reminder

Options
Hello ...
Win10 Pro
Q.V.R4021 Build.27.1.40.21

I set up a bill reminder for every 2 months (the date will be the 5th of the odd months).
My first payment was to be 5/5/22, but I was a little late on it, so I submitted the transaction with today's date, 5/16/22. It gave me a check number and I think all is good.
Now, I go back to bill reminder to edit this instance and all future instances to set up the correct date for 7/5/22 for the next payment.
Q says that I cannot create a reminder for a date before your most recent payment. Please enter a later date.
OK, so I just made a payment on 5/16/22. I need the next payment to be 7/5/22, but it won't let me. I can change the date to 7/16/22, but that is not correct. Any thoughts on what to do? Ask me questions?
Thanks for checking in ...
Bob
Thanks for listening ...
Bob
Win10 Home
Quicken 2020 Subscription

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken intentionally changed the behavior of reminders about the same time they introduced Online Bills about two years ago.  It appears they are maintaining the current due date when a reminder's transaction is entered and silently no longer allow the reminder's due date to subsequently be set to the same or an earlier date.  The hidden date may manifest a variety of symptoms.  Most notably, reminders appear to skip months.  The generic work around is to delete the misbehaving reminder and create a new reminder. 

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken intentionally changed the behavior of reminders about the same time they introduced Online Bills about two years ago.  It appears they are maintaining the current due date when a reminder's transaction is entered and silently no longer allow the reminder's due date to subsequently be set to the same or an earlier date.  The hidden date may manifest a variety of symptoms.  Most notably, reminders appear to skip months.  The generic work around is to delete the misbehaving reminder and create a new reminder. 
  • Eagle
    Eagle Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Sherlock, for getting back with me. That was a solution I thought about trying and will do so now. Thanks again ...
    Thanks for listening ...
    Bob
    Win10 Home
  • Eagle
    Eagle Member ✭✭
    Options
    I deleted and re-added the bill reminder. All good now. Thanks
    Thanks for listening ...
    Bob
    Win10 Home