One Step Update Not Working - Keeps asking for Vault passwords???

Tri
Tri Member ✭✭
The update screen comes up and asks for the passwords (previously saved) for the accounts to be downloaded. I enter the passwords and hit enter, but another screen comes and asks (again) to enter the password for chase. If I remove (trying to download from) Chase but keep other accounts, the screen just comes up blank and takes be back to the update screen?

When I look into the password Vault, no accounts attempting to download is list and won't let me add. How do I correct this and get update working again?? Any help???

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Tri said:
    The update screen comes up and asks for the passwords (previously saved) for the accounts to be downloaded. I enter the passwords and hit enter, but another screen comes and asks (again) to enter the password for chase. If I remove (trying to download from) Chase but keep other accounts, the screen just comes up blank and takes be back to the update screen?

When I look into the password Vault, no accounts attempting to download is list and won't let me add. How do I correct this and get update working again?? Any help???
    Hello @Tri,    

I am sorry to hear about this issue with passwords and updates. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

How often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Provided that this has been done often, there should be a recent backup saved just prior to when this issue emerged that can be restored by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. I am curious: does this behavior continues in the restored file?

I hope to hear back from you soon. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Doyle
    Doyle Member
    having the same issue. it asks for my password for accounts. I enter the password and it comes back with a screen asking me to input my password. ughhh. it's doing this on all my accounts that have passwords so I can;t update any of them. HELP!
  • Tri
    Tri Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello @Tri,    
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about this issue with passwords and updates. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 
    >
    > How often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Provided that this has been done often, there should be a recent backup saved just prior to when this issue emerged that can be restored by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. I am curious: does this behavior continues in the restored file?
    >
    > I hope to hear back from you soon. 
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

I did try to restore from a previous backup file. I used a backup file from a date when it last worked. However, that did not fix the problem. I did find a work-around to get it to work.

FIX: I had to deactivate all the accounts where I download transactions, then I individually setup those accounts again (basically starting as if from scratch). From there, I was able to save passwords to the vault and only have to enter the 'master' password to download transactions. It has worked to-date and I have not had any more issues downloading transactions.
  • Tri
    Tri Member ✭✭
    > @Doyle said:
    > having the same issue. it asks for my password for accounts. I enter the password and it comes back with a screen asking me to input my password. ughhh. it's doing this on all my accounts that have passwords so I can;t update any of them. HELP!

Doyle see my response to Jared. There may be other solutions but that was the only way I was able to get it to work. It has held to-date.
This discussion has been closed.