RECONCILE ACCOUNT (Q Mac)

bugmenow
bugmenow Member ✭✭
So I am trying to reconcile an account that I've previously reconciled. This account rarely gets used so the last time I reconciled was 7/31/20. Yet when I click on it to reconcile...it says that it's never been reconciled... so I can't put in the latest statement end date. I clearly see all the green checkmarks on the register prior to this statement period. Help.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The "this account has never been reconciled" doesn't mean there aren't reconciled transactions; it mean it hasn't been reconciled since Quicken Mac was updated to track the history of reconciliation in late 2020.

That shouldn't prevent you from entering the current statement ending balance and date, and proceeding to reconcile. On the Reconcile strap screen, you should see this:

Click on "Use statement balance", enter the balance and ending date, and click Next. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The "this account has never been reconciled" doesn't mean there aren't reconciled transactions; it mean it hasn't been reconciled since Quicken Mac was updated to track the history of reconciliation in late 2020.

That shouldn't prevent you from entering the current statement ending balance and date, and proceeding to reconcile. On the Reconcile strap screen, you should see this:

Click on "Use statement balance", enter the balance and ending date, and click Next. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bugmenow
    bugmenow Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much! I was trying to go year by year and it wouldn't recognize the prior balance or ending... with the 2020 date. This will work swell I think!