Reconciling a charge account

Herman
Herman Member ✭✭
For the longest time, when I would make a payment to a charge card company I would manually enter the transaction in my checking account ,
5/16/2022 Chase Card Services [Chase Mileage Plus XXXX]
and in the category in my checking account as you can see I input my Chase Mileage plus account as a transfer and this automatically appears in the corresponding charge account and when Chase receives the payment and the account updates I mark it as cleared. But now all of a sudden Quicken adds a new a separate transaction in my Chase credit card register. NOW I have two transactions for the same thing ???
WHY is this?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it coming from the download of the CC which is not being matched to the system generated transfer?
    Display the Downloaded Posting Date (tabular icon in upper right of register) in the CC register.  Which transaction has a posting date filled in?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• heshie75v
    heshie75v Member ✭✭
    Yes, I believe it is coming from the download from the cc
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a screenshot of the two transactions in the register?  Windows has Snipping Tool in Accessories to get just a portion of the screen. 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• heshie75v
    heshie75v Member ✭✭
    To tell you the truth, I deleted one of the transactions so I wouldn’t have two of the same.
This discussion has been closed.