Account no longer Recognized by OneStep Update

Options
CarlMI
CarlMI Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
I did onestep update as normal. USAA came back as error with no details, other accounts downloaded. Since errors are common for the update, after I reconciled the completed downloads I tried to update USAA. Now update does not see or try to connect to USAA. Nothing has changed on the login, I was on the site both before and after the attempted update.

What is wrong with Quicken now and how do I fix it?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you get an error code?  If so, what was it?
    Also, why kind of account is it?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• CarlMI
    CarlMI Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    There was no code, simply a comment "an error occurred" with a red bullet. But the error screen does not stay up.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    There are a couple of others posting this morning that they are getting an OL-301-A error code with USAA which means there is an issue with the financial institution's server that is preventing Quicken from connecting with it.  There is also a Mac user who is reporting a similar issue with USAA.  OL-301-A errors are not a Quicken issue and cannot be fixed by Quicken.
    Often times it will go away by doing Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now).  If it is not resolved with Update Now, then it will usually resolve on its own later and the best thing to do is to try to update the account again later in the day or during the next business day.
    Being that today is a weekend and that financial institutions often schedule system maintenance, repair and upgrades on weekends it is highly likely that this is the cause of the issue.  Note that Quicken connects with financial institutions differently from the way we do and uses different access ports.  It is not unusual at all that Quicken might not be able to connect but we are still able to log into our online account.
    My suggestion:  Try updating your USAA account later today or tomorrow.  If the problem still exists Monday morning then report back here.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.