PayPal account set up crashes Quicken

Mike Duncan
Mike Duncan Member ✭✭✭
Because of confusion on how to handle the update to the PayPal accounts access, I deleted the Online Services configuration. Now I cannot re-establish the on-line set up between Quicken and PayPal.  Every time I click on "Set up Now..." button, Quicken becomes unresponsive and I am forced to use Task Manager to end the process.  Restarting Quicken restores all functionality until I try to set up PayPal account again, and Quicken hangs!
Regards, Mike Duncan

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD  and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account...Paypal, and Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Because of confusion on how to handle the update to the PayPal accounts access, I deleted the Online Services configuration. Now I cannot re-establish the on-line set up between Quicken and PayPal.  Every time I click on "Set up Now..." button, Quicken becomes unresponsive and I am forced to use Task Manager to end the process.  Restarting Quicken restores all functionality until I try to set up PayPal account again, and Quicken hangs!
    Hello @Mike Duncan

I am sorry to hear about this issue with crashes while trying to connect to online banking services. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Next, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken software? You can view the Support Article linked here, if necessary, for steps on the proper method of uninstallation. This article can, alternatively, be consulted for steps in reinstalling the software. 

I look forward to corresponding further about this issue, if these problems persist after making use of the recommendations above.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD  and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account...Paypal, and Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• Mike Duncan
    Mike Duncan Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Sherlock. Your suggestion fixed the issue and I was able to re-link my Quicken register for my PayPal account with them and obtain account updates.
    Regards, Mike Duncan
  • mpafumi77
    mpafumi77 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    This works for me as well.  I still think Quicken needs to investigate why the app hangs when attempting to do this from account details.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    mpafumi77 said:
    This works for me as well.  I still think Quicken needs to investigate why the app hangs when attempting to do this from account details.
    To report an issue to Quicken, I suggest you select Help > Report a problem...
This discussion has been closed.