Default for Lot ID vs. Average cost for downloaded stock or fund sales

Options
BJB
BJB Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I searched for this several ways but the last post I could find was 2018 talking about an enhancement to choose a default. AFAIK, I have only used average cost for investment sales, however I have used Quicken a LONG time.

Anyway, as previously discussed, for every sale it forces you to choose Lot ID or average and then when you choose average it "re-calculates" even though it has been displaying the investment's average cost in investment reports since the purchase. In my case I have a very fast PC, but it sits there and chugs for quite a while each time. Very annoying.

Is this still a "feature request" to choose a default so you do not have to choose every time or is there a workaround?

Thanks,
BJB
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check the Automatic Assignment instead of prompting on accept preference for the account in the Lot Assignments Options window: select Edit > Preferences...

• BJB
    BJB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks!!

But one more question....that assumes I want to utilize lot assignment. I want to use average cost so although this assigns lots automatically (which I do not use so don't really care) will it still prompt for that particular sale whether I want to use average cost or lot assignment?

Because I never choose lot assignment I never get to a prompt asking to identify lots (which this clearly would help that use case).

I just want it to accept the downloaded transaction and use average cost.

Thanks,
    BJB
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BJB said:
    Thanks!!

But one more question....that assumes I want to utilize lot assignment. I want to use average cost so although this assigns lots automatically (which I do not use so don't really care) will it still prompt for that particular sale whether I want to use average cost or lot assignment?

Because I never choose lot assignment I never get to a prompt asking to identify lots (which this clearly would help that use case).

I just want it to accept the downloaded transaction and use average cost.

Thanks,
    BJB
    If you haven't already, you should be able to check Use Average Cost on the Edit Security Detail window for the security where average cost is supported.
  • BJB
    BJB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I will check it out!
    Hadn't thought of a security/ticker level setting.
    BJB
This discussion has been closed.