Bill reminders no longer work for 64-bit Outlook

Options
I noticed that I was no longer getting bill reminders in my Outlook... which caused me to be late for 2 of my CC bills. Anyways, I reached out to someone in Chat Support, and the agent told me that Quicken no longer supports bill reminders if you have 64-bit Outlook installed (which I do). If you have 32-bit, though, it works.

I have no intention of uninstalling 64-bit Office 365 and reinstalling 32-bit to get this functionality to start working again. I'd like to see Quicken rethink their stance on bill reminders and reinstate it, please.

Quicken version = R40.21 (build 27.1.40.21)
Outlook (Microsoft 365) = Version 2204 (build 16.0.15128.20224) 64-bit
OS version = Windows 10 Home 21H2 (build 19044.1706)

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3217400

My understanding is Quicken (a 32-bit application) has never worked with a 64-bit Outlook.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock is right. Quicken has never supported 64-bit Office Outlook and most likely never will.

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems with Quicken?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you and make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

This discussion has been closed.