Downgraded [from Q Mac Premier to Deluxe], cannot get out of Bill Pay (Schwab Bank, Mac)

jfruehe
jfruehe Member ✭✭
Help!

Last year I stupidly thought updating to Quicken Premier would be a great idea and that I could consolidate all of my bill payments (I use Charles Schwab Bank). Moments after paying for the upgrade and upgrading the software I found out that Schwab was not going to participate and I basically was out out the money. Oh well, live and learn.

So this year when my subscription was up, I downgraded back to Deluxe. I thought everything was fine. But somehow my Schwab Bank account is still connected to Bill Pay and I cannot delete it.

I tried Bill Pay > Manage Payment Accounts. The Schwab Bank account shows up with a check mark for "enabled" I deselect and all I get is a "Bill Pay could not be disabled" message.

I have deleted all of the Payees in Bill Pay.

Under the account settings I see "Quick Pay enabled" and there is no way to disable it, that button is greyed out.

Since the "downgrade" I can no longer access my Schwab Bank account but I can access my Schwab brokerage accounts (different companies, I know.)

Someone please help me, this is a mess.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jfruehe said:
    Help!

Last year I stupidly thought updating to Quicken Premier would be a great idea and that I could consolidate all of my bill payments (I use Charles Schwab Bank). Moments after paying for the upgrade and upgrading the software I found out that Schwab was not going to participate and I basically was out out the money. Oh well, live and learn.

So this year when my subscription was up, I downgraded back to Deluxe. I thought everything was fine. But somehow my Schwab Bank account is still connected to Bill Pay and I cannot delete it.

I tried Bill Pay > Manage Payment Accounts. The Schwab Bank account shows up with a check mark for "enabled" I deselect and all I get is a "Bill Pay could not be disabled" message.

I have deleted all of the Payees in Bill Pay.

Under the account settings I see "Quick Pay enabled" and there is no way to disable it, that button is greyed out.

Since the "downgrade" I can no longer access my Schwab Bank account but I can access my Schwab brokerage accounts (different companies, I know.)

Someone please help me, this is a mess.
    Hello @jfruehe

I do apologize about this frustrating issue with Bill Pay remaining enabled after attempts to remove or disable it. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

I want to confirm: what Quicken release version are you making use of, currently? You can check this by navigating to the Help > About Quicken menu option that appears in the top of the screen when Quicken is open. Also, would you be willing to submit a screenshot of the issue, with any personal information redacted? You can view the thread linked here for additional steps regarding the proper method of submitting a screenshot to the Quicken Community, but also note that simply dragging and dropping an image into your comment before it is posted is possible, as well. 

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to discussing this further. 

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • jfruehe
    jfruehe Member ✭✭
    Screen shot attached. I am using Quicken Deluxe, the latest version.
  • Quicken Jared
    jfruehe said:
    Screen shot attached. I am using Quicken Deluxe, the latest version.
    Hello @jfruehe

Thank you for getting back to me with that information, and that helpful screenshot. I am sorry that this issue is continuing, at the moment. 

I do apologize for being unclear; I was asking for a screenshot of the issue with Bills on this Schwab Bank account. The version and release information is, nonetheless helpful. Again, if you should send another screenshot, I want to remind you to redact any personal information.

I look forward to continue working with you on this matter.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • jfruehe
    jfruehe Member ✭✭
    Here is the error code. I get two of these every time I try to connect.
  • Quicken Jared
    jfruehe said:
    Here is the error code. I get two of these every time I try to connect.
    @jfruehe

I apologize that you are now being prevented from dealing with this Bill Pay issue by this Sync Error. Thank you for getting back to me with more screenshots, and more information about what is happening, currently.

First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, run through these steps, in order:
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    I look forward to hearing back from you once these recommendations have been attempted.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jfruehe
    jfruehe Member ✭✭
    Followed the directions and the same error keeps coming up.
  • Quicken Jared
    jfruehe said:
    Followed the directions and the same error keeps coming up.
    Hello @jfruehe

I am sorry that this problem remains ongoing, even after reseting the Cloud account. Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know about recent developments.

I recommend saving a backup once more, then following these additional instructions, in order, at your soonest convenience:
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF
    4. Click Disable Sync
    5. Close Preferences
    6. Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    7. Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
    8. Preferences...
    9. Connected Services
    10. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    11. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    12. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    13. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    14. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    15. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
    16. Preferences...
    17. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    18. Click Enable Sync
    I hope to hear back from you once again.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • jfruehe
    jfruehe Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Well, that worked and it didn't.

I am no longer getting the errors. But in deleting all of the services and having to reset them I ended up having to redo this multiple times and now I have tons of multiple transactions that I have to cull through.

[Removed - Off Topic] There are a ton of ongoing frustrations with the program.
  • jfruehe
    jfruehe Member ✭✭
    Now, after two more days I keep having to "reconnect" my accounts. The credit card accounts seem to be OK, but all of the Schwab accounts are still breaking, no matter how many times I go back and re-connect them.
  • Quicken Jared
    jfruehe said:
    Now, after two more days I keep having to "reconnect" my accounts. The credit card accounts seem to be OK, but all of the Schwab accounts are still breaking, no matter how many times I go back and re-connect them.
    Hello @jfruehe

I am sorry to hear about these ongoing issues with account connections. Thank you for continuing to check back in with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Before I offer additional recommendations, I want to be sure: what is the Connection Type you are making use of in order to link or add your accounts to online banking services? You can check this by selecting one of the affected accounts from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the screen while Quicken is open, and then navigating to the Settings menu indicated by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. Next, navigate to the Downloads tab; the information regarding Connection Type should be available here.

I look forward to seeing your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• jfruehe
    jfruehe Member ✭✭
    When I go to the gear, it says "not connected." I follow the steps to connect. For the 4,316th time.

It tries to connect.

The icon on the top left spins. And spins. And spins.

About 5 minutes later it stops spinning.

The dot next to the account name is now orange.

There is a dialogue box that pops up showing errors. There is a fix it button. If I press that, I now start the same exact connection process for the 4,317th time.

And that fails.

I see "Download error (-32) ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND:324:Missing"

And the dialogue box keeps telling me there is an error and to fix it.

This is beyond frustrating.
  • Quicken Jared
    jfruehe said:
    When I go to the gear, it says "not connected." I follow the steps to connect. For the 4,316th time.

It tries to connect.

The icon on the top left spins. And spins. And spins.

About 5 minutes later it stops spinning.

The dot next to the account name is now orange.

There is a dialogue box that pops up showing errors. There is a fix it button. If I press that, I now start the same exact connection process for the 4,317th time.

And that fails.

I see "Download error (-32) ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND:324:Missing"

And the dialogue box keeps telling me there is an error and to fix it.

This is beyond frustrating.
    Hello @jfruehe

Thank you for letting me know about the current status of these accounts; I was unsure whether or not they had currently been connected, in spite of this download issue. I do apologize that this Download Error (-32) message seems to be blocking account connections of any kind in these Schwab accounts.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show "(Data File Name will be displayed here)" in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure that the data file is located somewhere on your computer and is not being kept in an external drive or a cloud-based storage service, as these can cause erratic program behavior, and even data damage.

Next, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this procedure has been done often, there should be a recent backup available for restoration, saved just prior to when this issue emerged. You can then restore such a backup by navigating to File > Restore from Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. I am eager to hear about whether or not this problem continues in a restored backup file.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jfruehe
    jfruehe Member ✭✭
    All of this is a mess.

I followed your directions. Nothing worked. Same problems. "Fix it". "Reconnect". Can't find accounts. Can't find transactions.

This all started because I downgraded. I had chosen a restore point from BEFORE the downgrade. I had to re-setup the online connection.

It is still broken.

I feel like I have been chasing this for a long time and it remains broken.

I set up a brand new file. Imported only my Schwab checking account. That worked. But then when I tried to import my investment accounts, it failed.

I have been a Quicken customer for over a decade, this is getting beyond frustrating at this point.

How, exactly, do I fix this once and for all????????
  • Quicken Jared
    jfruehe said:
    All of this is a mess.

I followed your directions. Nothing worked. Same problems. "Fix it". "Reconnect". Can't find accounts. Can't find transactions.

This all started because I downgraded. I had chosen a restore point from BEFORE the downgrade. I had to re-setup the online connection.

It is still broken.

I feel like I have been chasing this for a long time and it remains broken.

I set up a brand new file. Imported only my Schwab checking account. That worked. But then when I tried to import my investment accounts, it failed.

I have been a Quicken customer for over a decade, this is getting beyond frustrating at this point.

How, exactly, do I fix this once and for all????????
    @jfruehe

Again, I apologize for this persistent issue with Bill Manager and account connectivity. Thank you for keeping in communication with me about this matter.

At this stage, I believe it would be the best course of action to reach out to Quicken Support using the contact information provided in this link. There are tools and resources at their disposal that will enable them to further diagnose and troubleshoot these problems. I had hoped to be able to provide a clear resolution from the Quicken Community, but I have confidence that this will be the best possible action at this stage.

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.