Quicken no longer connects to Pacific Service Credit Union

BobC
BobC Member ✭✭✭✭

As of 4/13/2022, Quicken is no longer connecting, (Express Web Connect), to Pacific Service Credit Union, (PSCU).  When attempting to log in to PSCU, I receive no 2nd factor authentication “send to” request nor does any 2nd factor entry point appear, as had been expected.  Instead, the One Step Update, (OSU), Summary shows error code CC-502, for my two accounts from this Financial Institution, (FI).

When I looked at the Quicken Users Forum this morning, I see that @Quicken_Anja added a new alert on this issue:  NEW 4/14/22 Pacific Service Credit Union - 502/102.  Thank you, Anja.

My experience is using Quicken for Windows, Home & Business, Build 27.1.39.23, of the Subscription software.  This on an LG gram 17, Model 17Z90N-R.AAC8&1 computer, 16 GB RAM & a 2TB Samsung EVO SSD, running Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, Build 19044.1645, Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0.

PSCU downloads were working without issue through 4/9/22.  My “One Step Update Summary” shows the last online balance downloaded on 4/9/22.  The “Account List” shows the “last download” as 2:41 PM on 4/10/22.  This error has been observed during OSUs on 4/13, 4/14, and 4/15.  Repeated requests to update just the PSCU accounts, from either of the two accounts, does not result in a download or resolve the issue.

Note that the 2nd factor login step was added within the last year or so, but has been working OK since then, until now.  The user enters a “second factor” code into a drop down box, and that information is presumably used to grant the user’s request to login to their account and download data.   I have not seen the expected request for a phone number or location to send the code to, nor the code send request, nor have I had any opportunity to respond to a 2nd factor authentication step, since last Sunday, 4/10/2022.

I called PSCU at 888-858-6878 on 4/15/2022 @ ~ 10:30 AM, and spoke to William.  He indicates that they have had no calls of similar problems from others.  William asked that I call back if Quicken is unable to resolve this issue directly.  I asked him to escalate the issue and he asked me to work with Quicken again.

Thanks to Anja’s post, it is clear that this issue is generic and not specific to me.  Please let us (users) know if there is anything further we can do to help resolve this issue, which appears to be related to a change/failure in the process to log in through Quicken.

Thanks,
BobC

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Subscription, Build 27.1.52.28,
Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 22621.2283 Exp 1000.22662.1000.0

Comments

• dianeaye
    dianeaye Member ✭✭
    Any update from PSCU on the issue? I've reached out to them online and got a generic copy-pasta response. Digging a bit I found your post and the updates from Anja. I was hoping the issue was resolved with the recent maintenance windows at PSCU but it seems to be still not working.
  • BobC
    BobC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello:

As of yesterday, May 25th, or perhaps a few days earlier, this problem has been resolved, at least for me. 

The immediate clue that something had changed was the return of a prompt to the user, during the One Step Update, (OSU), process, after all of the Direct Connect communications was completed, and before the web connect, express web connect, and express web connect + communications started, to select a phone number, from a drop down list.  Then I received a text message on my phone, with a second factor in it, and the OSU process opened a second prompt, to enter the second factor, which I had received as the text message to the phone number selected earlier.  The prompt to select the destination phone number, and the place to enter the second factor, had been missing from the One Step Update dialog since my above problem post - on or around 4/9/22.  (See above post).

Once again, the prompts are being received, and the OSU process continues as it did before 4/9/22.  It connects with the FIs it is supposed to, including PSCU, and downloads transactions, (interest in my case), as it should.  Hopefully this also now works for other Quicken users with PSCU accounts.  There were a few Quicken software updates over this period, but they did not appear to have any affect on the problem for me.  It appears that Quicken has corrected its OSU process, to resolve this connectivity problem with PSCU.

@Quicken Anja  - I believe you posted a "still ongoing" note to an alert thread on this subject, this AM.  ONGOING 5/26/22 Pacific Service Credit Union - 502/102.  Hopefully the above information is consistent with other's experience.  Time will tell.

Thank you to Quicken and / or PSCU - whoever returned this functionality to normal.

Thanks,
    BobC

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Subscription, Build 27.1.52.28,
    Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 22621.2283 Exp 1000.22662.1000.0

This discussion has been closed.