No log in process on my new Deluxe. I click on the app & go to Quicken dashboard. Seems very insecur

Options
I have registered with user name & password but clicking on the app on desk top takes me to dashboard. It seems insecure.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to secure access to the Quicken file, I suggest you use a data file password: select File > Set password for this data file...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @lw_73 - if you want, you can set up a password to access your data file.  Go to File->Set Password for this data file.  Then a password will be required each time you access your Quicken data file.  Please note that this login is different than your Quicken ID and password that you used to register with Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can always use the login and password associated with your Windows User Account to secure your computer. When you step away from your computer, press the Windows Key and "L" to lock your session and/or establish an inactivity timeout to auto-lock your session.
    Only people who know the password would be able to resume your session.
    Create "regular" Windows User Accounts (without administrator privileges) for other users who are allowed to use the computer. They wouldn't be able to access your Quicken data file, though they would be able to run Quicken and create and use their own data files in their own C:\Users\_other_user_\Documents\Quicken folder.
This discussion has been closed.