How to Edit Payment methods in Bill Reminders

There used to be a way to EDIT the payment method in the bill and income reminder tool from a drop down list. Now I can do that when it is entered into the transaction. How do I save the method in the reminder tool?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    I suspect you may talking past each other.  When we enter a payment reminder, we may select from a Method/Check pull-down menu.  When we use the Who, When, and How form of the Edit Bill Reminder window, we may select from a Delivery method pull-down menu.  These are not the same menus.

The Method/Check menu applies to the Check/Reference # column.  As I recall, the selection in the Method/Check menu when entering a bill reminder did persist with the reminder as did a change to the memo field but this feature was removed a number of years ago.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Right-click the reminder. Hold the Shift key while left-clicking "Edit this instance and all future instances". You will get a full-featured dialog allowing you to specify payment method and delivery method.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I know that. But it will NOT save the method in the tool for the next month's transaction. I looked at someone else's 2010 quicken and it has the ability to save the Payment method. I guess they removed that feature for some reason??
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    It works for me in R40.21. Maybe try the usual troubleshooting techniques.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    I suspect you may talking past each other.  When we enter a payment reminder, we may select from a Method/Check pull-down menu.  When we use the Who, When, and How form of the Edit Bill Reminder window, we may select from a Delivery method pull-down menu.  These are not the same menus.

The Method/Check menu applies to the Check/Reference # column.  As I recall, the selection in the Method/Check menu when entering a bill reminder did persist with the reminder as did a change to the memo field but this feature was removed a number of years ago.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited May 2022
    Sherlock said:
    The Who, When, How dialog has both. Delivery Method is just for the user's amusement, it has no effect.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Sherlock said:
    The Who, When, How dialog has both. Delivery Method is just for the user's amusement, it has no effect.

Neither pull-down menu in the Who, When, and How form is equivalent to the Method/Check pull-down menu on the bill entry form.

Note: The presence of the Payment method pull-down menu on the Who, When, and How form is dependent on the type of the payment account selected and provides the equivalence of the Print check with Quicken check box available on the default Edit Bill Reminder window.
This discussion has been closed.