Error Code [Windows error 0xc0000135]

fhartell
fhartell Member ✭✭
Has Quicken or Microsoft fixed the following?
The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc0000135). Click OK
to close the application.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    I think this error occurred on 5/11/22 with a Microsoft update KB5013943.  

"Windows 11 users have discovered that it is possible to fix this issue by ensuring the .NET 3.5 framework is enabled or reinstalling it.

To do this, you can go to Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off and make sure .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and Net Framework 4.8 Advanced Services are checked, as shown in the image below.

If this does not work, you should uninstall the .NET features from the Control Panel and then reinstall them to perform a repair process.

Finally, if all else fails, you can uninstall the KB5013943 update. However, this is strongly discouraged as it will leave your device unprotected from the latest security threats."

---From "Windows 11 KB5013943 update causes 0xc0000135 application errors" by Lawrence Abrams

• fhartell
    fhartell Member ✭✭
    Updated Windows. Still have the mentioned error!
  • fhartell
    fhartell Member ✭✭
    Reverted back to prior.
  • @fhartell- sorry these ideas didn't work.  I checked to see if I had that update installed and I do, but my Windows doesn't seem to be affected by it.
  • @fhartell - If no one else here in the Quicken Community has a workable solution for you, maybe a call to Quicken's Customer Support Team might solve your issue?
  • fhartell
    fhartell Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    > @Damian said:
    > @fhartell - If no one else here in the Quicken Community has a workable solution for you, maybe a call to Quicken's Customer Support Team might solve your issue?

[Removed - Disruptive] 
  • fhartell
    fhartell Member ✭✭
    Any luck with using New Windows update and Quicken? Tried updating windows and quicken still doesn't work after the update. Same error message.
  • fhartell
    fhartell Member ✭✭
    > @Damian said:
    > @fhartell- sorry these ideas didn't work.  I checked to see if I had that update installed and I do, but my Windows doesn't seem to be affected by it.

So Quicken works with KB5013943 update?
  • @fhartel - That Windows Update was an issue for some users but not all.  Please take a look at this thread.  It may give you more information to resolve your issue;  Please note the link the user provides at the end of their comment.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7914122/windows-update-broke-quicken

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    In my case I never encountered any issues with KB5013943 and my .Net 3.5 is turned off!  But I have seen other posts on this community where users with the similar problem resolved it by either uninstalling the KB or turning on .Net 3.5 - which apparently has not resolved your issue.
    Microsoft suggests that KB5014019 may address some of the issues caused by the prior KB.
    Here is a list of my recent updates:

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• fhartell
    fhartell Member ✭✭
    Relooked at Windows features on or off. Re installed according to Damian and it works. Thank you all!
This discussion has been closed.