Quicken Not Responding to Windows 11

johnwbyrne
johnwbyrne Member ✭✭
I just got a new computer with Windows 11. I downloaded Quicken Premier from Quicken.com and restored a backup. Everything SEEMED to go very smoothly. However, now Quicken is constantly freezing up saying it is not responding and I must close the program. When I reopen it, all seems fine, but this is crazy. If I do a one-step update, it freezes right after, and I cannot accept transactions until I close the program (and it "reports to Microsoft") and re-open the program. Anyone see this problem? Any fix? -John

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • johnwbyrne
    johnwbyrne Member ✭✭
    Hi Greg. The file is at C:\Users\John\OneDrive\Documents\Quicken (though, I wanted it on a D drive). I do not think I have Windows Defender. I search and nothing. I did for the first time set-up OneDrive & Dropbox and am trying to use Dropbox for Quicken and it is located at, D:\Dropbox\Quicken Backup\BACKUP
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not have you active Quicken data file in a OneDrive folder. I would suggest moving it to a different folder. You can use OneDrive or Dropbox for Quicken backups.

FAQ: Windows Defender & Controlled Folder Access — Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • @johnwbyrne - How long has your Quicken data file been on OneDrive?  I have a feeling it might be corrupted.  If possible, please go back to that original backup and use that to restore the file again to a location on your hard drive. 
  • kldoll
    kldoll Member ✭✭
    Same problem on windows 10 in the user/documents folder- not a one drive folder file location problem - Quicken is broke and has been barely usable for several months. Stop trying to add features and roll this product back to the last time it actually worked efficiently!!!
This discussion has been closed.