Bill and Income Reminders Scheduled Transactions does not sort

Before 1 Jun 2022, I used to be able my scheduled transactions to sort ascending or descending by clicking on the column header. Now it seems clicking on any of the column headers does nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still does not work.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    The ability to sort scheduled transactions is dependent on the view used.  For example, we may sort reminders ascending or descending by the Due, Pay to / Receive from, and Amount columns in the All Bills & Deposits tab of the Bill and Income Reminders window: press Ctrl + J

Which view and columns are not able to be sorted as you since June 1, 2022?
  • statmango
    statmango Member
    Thanks for the help.

When I am in the "All Bills & Deposits" tab, if any column is sorted *descending*, I cannot sort any of the columns (Due, Pay to / Receive from, and Amount columns). Ctrl + J has no effect, nor does clicking on any of the column headings. However, if any column is sorted *ascending*, I can sort by the Due, Pay to / Receive from, and Amount columns, ascending or descending.

I found a workaround. If I select "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab, I can sort by the Due, Pay to / Receive from, and Amount columns, ascending or descending. Then, when I select the "All Bills & Deposits" tab, the entries are sorted in the order that I set up on the "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    statmango said:
    Thanks for the help.

When I am in the "All Bills & Deposits" tab, if any column is sorted *descending*, I cannot sort any of the columns (Due, Pay to / Receive from, and Amount columns). Ctrl + J has no effect, nor does clicking on any of the column headings. However, if any column is sorted *ascending*, I can sort by the Due, Pay to / Receive from, and Amount columns, ascending or descending.

I found a workaround. If I select "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab, I can sort by the Due, Pay to / Receive from, and Amount columns, ascending or descending. Then, when I select the "All Bills & Deposits" tab, the entries are sorted in the order that I set up on the "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab.
    Pressing Ctrl + J opens the Bill and Income Reminders window.  As previously described, we may sort reminders ascending or descending by the DuePay to / Receive from, and Amount columns in the All Bills & Deposits tab.  The Payments and Deposits columns on the Monthly Bills & Deposits tab is equivalent to the Amount column in the All Bills & Deposits tab.  We are able to click on the column titles to sort on both tabs.
  • mpgraber
    mpgraber Member ✭✭
    Still bugged for me. Version R41.10 Build 27.1.41.10

Behavior: open Tools > Bill and Income Reminders (or Ctrl+J). Select All Bills and Deposits.
    IF sorted column is Descending, none of the column headers are selectable.

Fix: Switch to Monthly Bills & Deposits tab. Switch sorted column to Ascending. Revert to All Bills and Deposits. Sortable columns are now selectable.

Bug: As soon as sorted column is altered to Descending, the bug recurs.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    mpgraber said:
    Still bugged for me. Version R41.10 Build 27.1.41.10

Behavior: open Tools > Bill and Income Reminders (or Ctrl+J). Select All Bills and Deposits.
    IF sorted column is Descending, none of the column headers are selectable.

Fix: Switch to Monthly Bills & Deposits tab. Switch sorted column to Ascending. Revert to All Bills and Deposits. Sortable columns are now selectable.

Bug: As soon as sorted column is altered to Descending, the bug recurs.
    Perhaps this is a problem introduced in the current staged release.  We are not able to reproduce the problem in the latest general release: R40.21.

If you haven't already, I suggest you report the issue to Quicken: select Help > Report a problem...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't reproduce this problem on my laptop with Q R 41.10
    Column sorting and toggling between ascending and descending works in columns Due, Pay to and Amount. No other columns are sortable.
    Could this be an issue specific only on 4k hi-res monitors or multi-monitor systems or when system is set to display text at 125% or greater magnification?
This discussion has been closed.