Use Matching Payee To Estimate Bill Amount for Bill Reminder

Options
I'm trying to use the 'Estimate Amount for me' in the reminder for the bill. It only recognizes the transactions that originate from the 'Bill Pay' module in Quicken, so I am not able to use this function since I'm only paid using Quicken bill pay for 6 months. However, I have 12+ downloaded transactions with the same Payee, since I used to pay this bill straight from my checking account. I'd like Quicken to recognize the matching payee to make use of the 'Estimate Amount for me' function.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you create the manual bill reminder using the most recent transaction with the payee as a template and set the estimate to use the desired number of prior transactions: right click on the transaction in the register and select Add reminder
  • JKurka
    JKurka Member ✭✭
    Options
    That's essentially what I have. But it will only let me use the previous 6 entries. I have 12+ entries for that payee, so I'm assuming it's only referencing the number of past reminders, not the number of past payees. I want it to reference the number of past payees that match the reminder payee.
    Plus, it's an Online Biller. I'd like to link the bill to the reminder, but it's not letting me do this if I set up the reminder independently from the bill.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JKurka said:
    That's essentially what I have. But it will only let me use the previous 6 entries. I have 12+ entries for that payee, so I'm assuming it's only referencing the number of past reminders, not the number of past payees. I want it to reference the number of past payees that match the reminder payee.
    Plus, it's an Online Biller. I'd like to link the bill to the reminder, but it's not letting me do this if I set up the reminder independently from the bill.
    So, Quicken is matching the payee to estimate the amount bill reminder.  The limit is 6.  If you link the online bill to a manual bill reminder, Quicken will use the online bill as the estimate.
  • JKurka
    JKurka Member ✭✭
    Options
    If the limit is 6 for the 'previous' option, then I'd like to use the 'Time of Year' option. I have payments dating to January of last year, but Quicken isn't recognizing the payee as being the same.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JKurka said:
    If the limit is 6 for the 'previous' option, then I'd like to use the 'Time of Year' option. I have payments dating to January of last year, but Quicken isn't recognizing the payee as being the same.
    If you want to use Time of Year to estimate the amount, I suggest you use last year's transaction as a template:  right-click on the transaction in the register from last year and select Add reminder
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are all previous payments made to the exact same payee name AND in the same bank account register?
This discussion has been closed.