Questions - Quicken Web and Mobile App specific capabilities

BJB
BJB Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I know I typed up this post but do not see it. I apologize if a duplicate.
I researched the FAQ but the answers were pretty general. My specific questions are the following.

For investment accounts, can you enter new transactions (purchases and sales of positions) on the web or via Quicken android mobile.

For a checking account, based on what I read, I am pretty comfortable that I can enter checking account transactions via the web or android mobile.

The last question is a Quicken database file integrity question. Does turning on the sync, create additional opportunities for database corruption or transaction duplicates?

Thanks,
BJB

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For Mobile/Web there isn't any investment transactions, only the number of shares, prices, and the cash amount.

For banking accounts, yes there are transactions, and you can enter them manually (they also are downloaded from the financial institution).

Yes, turn on sync to Mobile/Web increases the risk of corrupting your Quicken Desktop data file, and other complications like duplicate transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BJB
    BJB Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • BJB
    BJB Member ✭✭✭
    Whenever I have a few spare minutes I think of doing something that may be stupid like turning this on 😀

For bank accounts, credit cards, and investment accounts I have a lot of accounts with old history with no current transactions. Will it sync transactions for ALL bank accounts and credit cards or can you choose what it syncs? For investment accounts as to balances same question.

Also can you choose on the mobile app when it syncs bank accounts? I don't want to be accepting or setting up bank or credit card transactions every time I open the app.

Thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you go to the Mobile & Web tab you can control which accounts are synced.
    The server is going update Quicken Cloud dataset where it keeps this data at least once a day.  And it can update more often if you log into the Mobile/Web App or force it to update from those Apps.

This is different from syncing to your Quicken Desktop data file, which you have control over when that happen by running One Step Update.  But it will also sometimes sync automatically for things like adding/deleting accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.