Fidelity Investments Not Downloading Wife's Accounts

dibellarj
dibellarj Unconfirmed ✭✭
For the past three weeks or so, I have been experiencing issues with downloading Fidelity Investment transactions into Quicken. My wife and I each have several brokerage/IRA accounts which I have successfully downloaded transactions into Quicken for years. On 3/29, her accounts stopped downloading. No error message that I can recall. Until then, I was using her separate Fidelity credentials to access her information in the download. I tried deactivating and reactivating the accounts in Quicken. I've tried it using her credentials and my credentials and link the accounts to her existing accounts in Quicken. The process appears successful but no transactions for her account are being downloaded.  The One Step Update Summary shows all nine accounts (hers and mine) as being updated (4/18/22) but no transactions appear for her account even though I know there have been several transactions over the past several weeks.  When I click into the details of the Summary for her account is says Holdings as of 3/29/22 and "no new transactions to review". Any suggestions?

Comments

• Mikrodev
    Mikrodev Member
    I have been having this exact same problem with my Fidelity Investments account transactions not downloading (without any error codes) for over 2 months. After spending several hours on the phone with support on two occasions they have not able to correct the issue. They are supposed to be working on this but it has been well over 2 months and no word yet as to when this might be corrected. My Quicken subscription is coming up for renewal and I will not be extending it until this issue is resolved.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    Hello @dibellarj and @Mikrodev,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your Fidelity Investments accounts. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Fidelity Investments account(s) to see if it produces the same errors. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mikrodev
    Mikrodev Member
    Thanks for your suggestions but I have already created a test file just as you described during one of my hours long phone call with one of your support personnel and I was able to successfully download transactions from my fidelity accounts into the test file. However, after several attempts to deactivate and reactivate the accounts in my normal quicken file, without correcting the failed downloads, the support person said they'd have to escalate the issue. I have heard nothing back not had the issue been resolved for over a month.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Mikrodev

Thank you for providing more information. 

I do apologize that you experienced this interaction with Quicken Support and your issue has not been resolved. Could you please provide the ticket number given during your interaction so we may review the call logs and look further into this issue? 

Looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mikrodev
    Mikrodev Member
    I was so frustrated by my interaction with your support personnel that I did not write down the ticket number because they told me it was a known issue and that the programmers we're working on it. That was over month ago. Still no resolution. BTW, you keep mentioning an error code. I and others am not receiving an error code. The download summary says all my Fidelity accounts were updated but 0 transactions were downloaded. This occurs when in fact there are numerous new transactions on the fidelity website that haven't been downloaded by Quicken.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mikrodev said:
    Thanks for your suggestions but I have already created a test file just as you described during one of my hours long phone call with one of your support personnel and I was able to successfully download transactions from my fidelity accounts into the test file. However, after several attempts to deactivate and reactivate the accounts in my normal quicken file, without correcting the failed downloads, the support person said they'd have to escalate the issue. I have heard nothing back not had the issue been resolved for over a month.
    There are a variety of ways you may have attempted to reactivate the accounts.  The approach I have been recommending is to first deactivate the Online Services of all the accounts associated with the financial institution and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  Then, to enable the Online Services,  select Tools > Add Account... and proceed to authenticate with the financial institution.  Quicken should provide a list of the accounts available obtained from the financial institution and allow you to link each of them to the appropriate existing registers.

If for some reason the issue persists, I suggest you recreate the account: create a new offline register, move the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset the memorized payees and reminders referencing the original register, delete the original register, and enable the Online Services of the new register.

Note: We have Fidelity Investment brokerage and IRA accounts across our sign-ins but have not experienced any issues.
  • Mikrodev
    Mikrodev Member
    Sherlock. Thanks for the suggestions. However, I performed the exact process you described to deactivate and reactivate the accounts with a quicken support person and on my own without success. I'm not sure I understand the steps necessary to execute your process for recreating the account register. I have 4 different fidelity accounts that are not downloading.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Mikrodev said:
    Sherlock. Thanks for the suggestions. However, I performed the exact process you described to deactivate and reactivate the accounts with a quicken support person and on my own without success. I'm not sure I understand the steps necessary to execute your process for recreating the account register. I have 4 different fidelity accounts that are not downloading.
    Another user has just posted that resetting DTSTART appears to resolve a similar issue they're having with Fidelity: select Tools > Online Center, press Ctrl and select Contact Info, select the account in the pull-down menu, select Reset DTSTART, provide a date a few days earlier than the missing transactions, select Refresh, and Update/Send.

If the issue still persists and you decide to recreate the account registers, here are more details on the process:

Note: Always save a backup before making any significant changes to a Quicken file: press Ctrl + B

To create a new offline register: select Tools > Add Account...

To move the transactions from the original register to the new register: open the original register, press Alt + Shift + N, and select Move Transactions

To reset the memorized payees referencing the original register: press Ctrl + T

To reset the reminders referencing the original register: press Ctrl + J

To delete the original register: open the original register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select Delete Account

To enable the Online Services of the new register:  select Tools > Add Account... and proceed to authenticate with the financial institution.  Quicken should provide a list of the accounts available obtained from the financial institution and allow you to link account to the new register.
This discussion has been closed.